How to Install Attachment Mod for phpbb2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wheelerk
-

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:11 am    Post subject: How to Install Attachment Mod for phpbb2 Reply with quote

Introduction
This Mod adds the ability to attach files in phpBB2.
This Version is Tested and works with phpBB 2.0.6 - 2.0.11.
This Version will NOT work with phpBB2 Modules designed for *Nuke Portals or phpBB2 Ports.

Requirements
1.phpbb2
2.MySQL
3.WinZIP
4.EasyMOD v0.1.13
5.Attachment Mod

Please Note:
1.You need EasyMOD v0.1.13 to put in the Attachment Mod
2.If you dont have phpbb2 go to this Tutorial phpbb2

Installing EasyMOD v0.1.13
ok you need to unzip EasyMOD and put the folder mod in the admin folder in the phpbb directory now you run http://IP/forums/admin/mods/easymod/easymod_install.php set up all the stuff
note:
you must have phpbb forums installed or easymod will not work
Installing Attachment Mod
ok this is the hard part ok you need unzip Attachment Mod then put it in the admin/mods folder then go to the Attachment Mod folder go to root folder and copy all the files in it and put it in the phpbb forums directory ok now you run http://IP/forums/Install/mod_table_inst.php when your done Installing that now you need to delete the Install folder then go to the admin/mods/Attachment Mod folder then go to the DOC folder and copy all the files in it then put it in the Attachment Mod directory then go to the Administration Panel then click on Install MODs type in the password that you set up on the easymod that you installed click on the process botton that gos to the Attachment Mod then click on next step then your done and you can put in more mods at http://www.phpbb.com all you need to do is put the mod in the mod folder
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Auto-Sized
-

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: Easy mod and Attachment mod. Reply with quote

Installing both easymod_0.3.0 and attach_mod_245.

First this is really best done with a fresh install and would be better if the archives being downloaded had been changed too rectify the errors these mods throw out.

First of all follow wheelerk's instructions too install easy mod upon installing you are going too come across an error report starting with ERROR :: BLOG/TEXT. Well this is easy too change.

1. open the easy mod folder you created. Inside is a easymod_install text file, open this.

2. search for the words mod_description text NULL DEFAULT '',
replace with mod_description text NULL,

3. Save and exit. Try again easy mod should install with no errors.

Installing attachment mod

Follow these instructions for the initial install (unzip Attachment Mod then put it in the admin/mods folder then go to the Attachment Mod folder and copy all the files in it and put it in your phpbb forums directory ok now you run http://YOURSITE/YOURFORUMLOCATION/Install/INSTALL.PHP when your done Installing that you need to delete the Install folder and contrib folder. Now go to the admin/mods/Attachment Mod folder then go to the DOC folder and copy all the files in it then put it in the Attachment Mod directory (note if fresh install then the install.txt file is enough) . After I went to easy mod to install I got loads of critical errors don't panic (critical error :: failed to copy //mod/attachment_mod/attachment_mod/numerous php files) there with be lots. When I saw this and looked for what easy mod needed I saw that within the folder that is unzipped into mods/attachment_mod there is no other attachment_mod folder........? but there is an attach_mod. So to get round these errors create another folder in attachment_mod called attachment_mod and once again unzip all the files into it go back to easymod and try again it should now install the files with no critical errors.

After install erase the folder in mods. I also changed the archives I downloaded to correct this. Hope this helped.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Tutorials All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: