5.2.4 Package?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rrinc
-

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: 5.2.4 Package? Reply with quote

I found this, did you just forget to release it?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: 5.2.4 Package? Reply with quote

rrinc wrote:
I found this, did you just forget to release it?

Not really. The Windows version is ready and we're preparing the Mac OS X one. But it needs some work as we plan to add some extra PHP extensions in it.

So if you're using Windows, you can start using http://www.aprelium.com/data/php524.exe . If you experience any problems with it, please let us know.
Forum Administrator
Aprelium - https://aprelium.com
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
golowenow
-

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:33 am    Post subject: Serious bug in 5.2.4 Reply with quote

This preconfigured file is using a version of 5.2.4 with a serious infinite loop bug.

After digging, this is a PHP 5.2.4 Windows bug with a patch available in CVS:
http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=42523

It causes many PHP pages to go into an infinite loop. I am resorting back to the PHP 5.2.2 preconfigured package until PHP is updated with this patch.

I run a store on my webserver and cannot log into my store administration because the login page goes into this loop and will NOT open in IE7.

You can see the bug complaints in the store forums at
http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74326&highlight=admin+login+page

This is a serious problem and you should not make the new preconfigured package public until this bug is fixed in PHP 5.2.4. I hope this reaches you in time.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:32 am    Post subject: Re: Serious bug in 5.2.4 Reply with quote

golowenow wrote:
This is a serious problem and you should not make the new preconfigured package public until this bug is fixed in PHP 5.2.4. I hope this reaches you in time.

Thank you for reporting that bug with PHP 5.2.4. Actually we have experienced it with one of the scripts we use but we thought it was a problem in our script (and not a PHP problem).

PHP 5.2.4 release will be delayed until this bug is officially fixed.
Forum Administrator
Aprelium - https://aprelium.com
golowenow
-

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:07 am    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

Thank you for the quick response as usual and a very wise decision on the part of Aprelium. Am glad I could assist in this decision. The bug almost made me reinstall everything but luckily some complaints were already in to view and thus clued me to the bug. Hopefully Zend will make public a new version, PHP 5.2.5?, which will run correctly. When I ran the new version it seemed that things ran VERY smoothly server wise ect;. Less memory usage ect;. I run Zencart with MySQL, Perl and Python with two websites and really like Abyss 2.5. The MSI for PHP preconfigured package ran perfectly and I am sure that when the corrected version of PHP comes out the same programing will work as well.
Yours Truly,
John
TRUSTAbyss
-

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can still use PHP version 5.2.4 if you set its type to Standard. I tried "PHP Style" and found the bug. Hope they release a new copy soon.
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRUSTAbyss wrote:
You can still use PHP version 5.2.4 if you set its type to Standard.

We confirm that this setting solves the bug. It's sad to find out that the PHP guys are still messing with the basics of PHP PATH_INFO/PHP_SELF. It's not the first time someone of their crew messes with the CGI/FastCGI SAPI and adds a new bug in an official release.
TRUSTAbyss
-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a good thing I tested the latest snapshot of PHP for this bug's existence because the bug still exists. They say that they fixed it, but the bug is still there. I contacted one of the PHP developers about it so that they can investigate my findings. ;-)

I guess I just got lucky. lol
golowenow
-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:20 am    Post subject: New version Reply with quote

I believe that ANY bug fixes they have will not be applied to a publicly released version until they change the version number. In other words instead of version 5.2.4 it will probably be version 5.2.5. They have the package in the bug reports that has the fix but it is not considered public. I believe we will have to wait until the next release version is out before we can use it. Running shopping carts on my Abyss webserver I am VERY "on it" as far as security and efficiency of scripting programs are concerned. I hope they hurry up and just admit they messed up part of the PHP hyperprocessor program and get the new release public. MANY bugs were fixed and security vulns also in this newest version(read the release notes), which makes the newest version much more "robust" than 5.2.2.
I am no expert but noticed the difference right away with how fast my cart pages opened ect;. The PHP program under your preconfigured package makes it perfect and simple for us to upgrade and use. A few mods to the PHP.ini file and away we go!
Good luck and TY for using your connections with them to try to get this through.
TRUSTAbyss
-

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any PHP version 5.2.4 and up is now considered CGI Standard; so I believe it's safe to leave PHP's Type to Standard from now on, and only if your running PHP 5.2.4 or greater. Any one running PHP version < 5.2.4 needs to set the interpreter Type to "PHP Style." Note: The reason for these changes is because Abyss no longer needs to fix PHP's CGI problems.

Last edited by TRUSTAbyss on Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
golowenow
-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:03 am    Post subject: Seems to work! Reply with quote

Reinstalled your Preconfigured package from the above link and set both my websites to TYPE=STANDARD and my carts seem to work fine now! Don't understand what it all means but as long as I can get into my admin sections and the stores are running and working good I am a happy camper. Thank you for keeping us informed on this and probably the 5.2.4 preconfigured package for Windows is good to go for public access with (of course) the stipulation that they must reset their PHP settings in Abyss to STANDARD instead of PHP STYLE.
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Seems to work! Reply with quote

golowenow wrote:
Reinstalled your Preconfigured package from the above link and set both my websites to TYPE=STANDARD and my carts seem to work fine now! Don't understand what it all means but as long as I can get into my admin sections and the stores are running and working good I am a happy camper. Thank you for keeping us informed on this and probably the 5.2.4 preconfigured package for Windows is good to go for public access with (of course) the stipulation that they must reset their PHP settings in Abyss to STANDARD instead of PHP STYLE.

The PHP developers have confirmed that starting 5.2.4, they are fully conforming to the CGI specification. So there is no more need to use the "PHP Style" type which was designed by us as a workaround to make earlier versions of PHP run in a pseudo-CGI conformant mode.

So from now on, PHP on Abyss Web Server will use the "Standard" type.
puertoblack2003
-

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So anotherwards its safe to run the newer version but in standard mode i use the fast.cgi will that cause a problem???
golowenow
-

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:55 am    Post subject: Running smoothly at present Reply with quote

So far with the new Windows package installed and running it under STANDARD mode my sites are doing fine. No problems to report.
puertoblack2003
-

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its working great so far under standard mode.thanks for the heads up
golowenow
-

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:14 am    Post subject: 5.2.5 released Reply with quote

Looks like the new version is up with over 60 bug fixes. Maybe this will be the one to make a public preconfigured package with?
aprelium-beta
-

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 5.2.5 released Reply with quote

golowenow wrote:
Looks like the new version is up with over 60 bug fixes. Maybe this will be the one to make a public preconfigured package with?

We'll be releasing the preconfigured package for 5.2.5 very soon.
golowenow
-

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent! looks like they did their homework a little better with this one.
marc2003
-

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Seems to work! Reply with quote

golowenow wrote:
Thank you for keeping us informed on this and probably the 5.2.4 preconfigured package for Windows is good to go for public access with (of course) the stipulation that they must reset their PHP settings in Abyss to STANDARD instead of PHP STYLE.

just thought i'd emphasise this point. i was having problems with abyss/php 5.2.5 until i read that. it most definitely needs to be made clear when you offer 5.2.5 for download.

i thought i had this PHP_SELF duplicate path bug with 5.2.5 - but the bug only affects 5.2.4. changing to standard mode fixed it.
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Seems to work! Reply with quote

marc2003 wrote:
it most definitely needs to be made clear when you offer 5.2.5 for download.

Sure. We'll add an notice about that important change in the 5.2.5 installation instructions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: