PhP.ini Woes sending mail

View previous topic :: View next topic  
brewmaster
-

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: PhP.ini Woes sending mail Reply with quote

I have been trying figure this out for some time. The send mail function in my PHP.ini just doesn't seem to work. I've tried multiple entrys from using my ISP email account info, To adding info use in my hmailserver. I have had no luck getting to the ouside world. I run a few genealogy sites along with a weather site. The Genealogy sites have the option to leave the webmaster mail and, by checking a box send a copy to themselves. The mail does mak it to my hmailserver account with no problem. I can respond to them without a problem. BUT, The copy they wanted is never sent. I'm at a loss as to where it goes. I was told it is a PhP.ini problem but never figured it out. Anyone have any ideas?? I'm open to suggestions. This mail server issue is a real headach when your trying to learn it with no help or guidence.

Thanx
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In hMailServer set up a mail repeater to point to your ISP's mail server.

In your php.ini set the server to localhost.

Now send the mail again and it should work :-)
brewmaster
-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geeezzzz Talk about overlooking a small detail!!!!! Yup!!! That did the trick..

Thanx
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: