Importing database from cpanel+quick questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
daabomb2002
-

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Importing database from cpanel+quick questions Reply with quote

ok i am just wondering,i currently have a web server with a hosting company and I want to host the website myself using this software. From cpanel,i can make a full backup for my database,now once I have got this backup,how do I import this into Abyss?

Also,can you tell me if Abyss has the following or not:

phpMyAdmin

AWStats(or something similar)

Webmail

Pop3 accounts

smtp

Does it support Windows Media, Quicktime, and Real Media player ?

Image Magick

GD

Curl

Chilisoft ASP(or something similar)

SSI

SSH

Python

Perl

CGI

MySQL Databases

And do I really need an ftp server if i use abyss? Can i just upload files into directories using abyss on my pc?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:42 am    Post subject: Re: Importing database from cpanel+quick questions Reply with quote

daabomb2002,

Abyss Web Server is a Web server only. CPanel is not a web server, it is an interface to manage several services available on a preinstalled Linux based systems. It controls a Web server, a database, remote terminal access (SSH), an FTP server, the cron facility (available at the operating system level), and other features.

If you are going to host your own web site on Abyss Web Server, you can install any script you'd like. You can also install next to it a database to be used by your scripts, and any scripting language you may need to run your scripts.

* phpMyAdmin

This is a script. You can install it on your own.

* AWStats(or something similar)

This is a script too. You can install it on your own.

* Webmail

Several free scripts can offer Webmail interfaces.

* Pop3 accounts

You'll need a mail server to deal with mail accounts. It's not a Web server thing.

* smtp

Again, that's the mail server responsibility.

* Does it support Windows Media, Quicktime, and Real Media player ?

A Web server can host any type of files. It's up to your visitor browser to have the right plugins to play media files.

* Image Magick

That's an extension available on several scripting languages.

* GD

Again that's an extension.

* Curl

Another extension.

A facility offered by the operating system. If you're on Windows, you'd use the Task Scheduler. On Unix based systems, use the cron that comes with your operating system.

* Chilisoft ASP(or something similar)

ASP support is available through the ActiveHTML ASP interpreter.

* SSI

Supported by Abyss Web Server

* SSH

SSH is for remote terminal access. Nothing related to a Web server. It usually comes by default on Unix based systems.

* Python

You can install it and declare it in Abyss Web Server to have it run your .py scripts.

* Perl

Same as above. Installation instructions are available on our "Help & Spport" page.

* CGI

CGI support is available in Abyss Web Server.

* MySQL Databases

MySQL server software can be installed on your computer. When setup, your MySQL enabled scripts can connect to it and use the database. The Web server is not directly involoved (Web server launches scripts, scripts connect to database).

A search on this forum for each of the items you've listed will show you a list of discussions about them where you can find suggestions and instructions on how to use/install them.

Do not also forget to have a look on http://www.aprelium.com/support/ where the list of supported scripting languages and several articles are available.
Forum Administrator
Aprelium - https://aprelium.com
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:45 am    Post subject: Re: Importing database from cpanel+quick questions Reply with quote

daabomb2002 wrote:
From cpanel,i can make a full backup for my database,now once I have got this backup,how do I import this into Abyss?

Abyss Web Server is not a database. CPanel is not a database too. CPanel is storing your data in a MySQL database. PhpMyAdmin offers a feature to store on a file and download a dump of the database.

On your computer, install MySQL, and feed it that file using the mysql command line tool. You can also use a MySQL desktop tool such as SQLYog: q=http://www.webyog.com/en/downloads.php to import that file (and manage your databases without PhpMyAdmin).

If you want to do it the Web way, you can import that data using PhpMyAdmin (install Abyss+PHP+MySQL+PhpMyAdmin and import the file).
Forum Administrator
Aprelium - https://aprelium.com
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Visit www.abyssunderground.co.uk for tutorials on installing most of the things you'll need to set up for you to continue running how you were with your hosting company.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Databases All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: