Turn off URL rewrite log

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcole
-

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Turn off URL rewrite log Reply with quote

Have I gone mad or am I missing a switch somewhere - how do I turn off the url rewrite log? Not seeing a "Log on/off" switch I tried deleting the value of the log path but then I got loads of internal server errors (oddly enough all on SSI #include's which confused me for a while!).

Really don't need rewrites logged any more and the log was 46 meg last time I deleted it so I'd like to turn it off please :-)

Mark.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Turn off URL rewrite log Reply with quote

mcole,

To turn URL rewrite logging, just set the URL rewrite log file to an empty value.
If you get internal server errors on SSI #includes, this has no connections with URL rewrite logging and that problem should be solved on its own.
mcole
-

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well OK I hear what you are saying. However these internal server errors on the SSI includes ONLY occur when I turn off the rewrite log - turn logging on again and the errors go away.

This is on pages that are well established and have not been edited recently - the only change I've made is to turn logging off. While I don't see how the two problems can be connected nevertheless the one action (turning off logging) immediately preceeds the reaction (internal server error on ssi #include files) and the includes are NOT in pages that are subject to URL rewrites!

Its very strange.

Oh well, guess I'll just leave logging on :)

Regards, Mark.
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcole,

That seems strange. Are these #include directive referring to paths/files that are subject to URL rewriting?
mcole
-

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aprelium wrote:

That seems strange. Are these #include directive referring to paths/files that are subject to URL rewriting?

No, not as far as I can see - all my rewrites have Apply to subrequests OFF.

Since last night things have got worse though. The internal error on <!-- #include file now occurs if I have any rewrite rules defined at all. Here is what I have done:

Reinstalled Abyss
created a simple test page as follows

<html>
hello world
------------------
<!-- #include file="yyy.html" -->
------------------
</html>

and yyy.html contains only : This is yyy.html

I have deleted ALL my rewrite rules.

With no rewrite rules all is ok

Define ONE rewrite rule (a dummy that matches nothing) and the test page errors with "[SSI Error in directive include in line 4: Internal Server Error]"

Here is the url rewrite log:

----------------------------------------------
Internal Request URI=[/yyy.html]:
Rule #1: Ignored because this is an internal request and the rule is not applicable to internal requests.
Internal Error while matching Regex [^/none$].

----------------------------------------------

I am at a complete loss to understand this - my site was stable until yesterday. The only change yesterday was to add a page to my site and one rewrite rule to Abyss and to turn off the rewrite log. Since then it has fallen apart!

At my wits end, Mark.
mcole
-

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mind you I see that I'm not the only one with problems - I've seen two Internal Server errors from www.aprelium.com while trying to access the forums!

Maybe its the weather :-)
mcole
-

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It just gets more strange........

I have done a clean install of Abyss (using the new beta) on my home PC and set up just a single page (using xxx.html and yyy.html described in my previous message) and the problem appears again and this is on a machine that has never had Abyss or any web pages installed on it before.

Have a single url rewrite rule defined and the result is the internal server error - delete the rule (or turn off SSI processing) and the error goes away.

Also - I find it is not limited to #include but also occurs with #fsize and presumably with any other SSI functions that require file system access.

I have not done any further tests because each error leaves me with file system errors requiring two reboots to correct (chkdsk finds free space marked as allocated - I suppose what used to be called "lost clusters") Cannot say this is definately related to the Abyss error but its a big coincidence if its not :-)

Any suggestions appreciated and I am rapidly running out of hair to tear out!

Mark.
mcole
-

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I got another "Internal Server Error" from YOUR system when I submitted that last post!

Maybe someone has cursed me!

Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcole wrote:
Mind you I see that I'm not the only one with problems - I've seen two Internal Server errors from www.aprelium.com while trying to access the forums!

Maybe its the weather :-)

These were caused today by a database server overload during a maintenance session. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Forum Administrator
Aprelium - https://aprelium.com
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> URL Rewriting All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: