HOW DO I CONNECT MYSQL - PHPBB3 & MEDIAWIKI 1.10 TO ABYS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
easytec
-

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: HOW DO I CONNECT MYSQL - PHPBB3 & MEDIAWIKI 1.10 TO ABYS Reply with quote

HOW DO I CONNECT PHPBB3 & MEDIAWIKI 1.10 TO ABYSS???
I have installed Abyss Web Server here:
D:\Abyss Web Server\ and the document root is:
D:\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\
Forum is installed in:
D:\Abyss Web Server\forum\ and the wiki:
D:\Abyss Web Server\wiki\default\
Drive C is full of my personal junk with 60GB.
Drive D is my computer's web server with 50GB.
Windows is on drive C, adding 10GB weight to 60GB thus it is 70GB.
The total of storage on my drives are 120GB.
There is 48.7GB left on my Drive D, due to my ASP.NET ScrewTurn Wiki.
So don't ask me about those parameters.
MySQL is installed in the:
D:\Abyss Web Server\MySQL\ directory, but I do not know how to hook it up to Abyss.
PHP5.2.2 (your pack) is installed in the D:\Abyss Web Server\PHP5\
directory. I hooked it up with the Scripting Parameters in your console and it is now working fine, with ASP.NET (unlike IIS).
So I want to know how to connect MySQL to Abyss Web Server, so I can enable the PHPBB 3.x & MediaWiki 1.0.x applications.
The only thing that is available is MSSQL [OBDC], which I don't know how to set up, so I want MySQL.
Also, why does MediaWiki 1.10x in Windows mode always ask for the Linux MySQL drivers, some people run their wikis fine on Aprelium's Abyss Web Server fine, why isn't it on mine...
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
rrinc
-

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MySQL is completely independent of the Web Server or anything else. MediaWiki and phpBB connect to the database directly and those scripts require you provide the database info. (Usually when you install them they ask.)
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Re: HOW DO I CONNECT MYSQL - PHPBB3 & MEDIAWIKI 1.10 TO Reply with quote

easytec wrote:
Also, why does MediaWiki 1.10x in Windows mode always ask for the Linux MySQL drivers, some people run their wikis fine on Aprelium's Abyss Web Server fine, why isn't it on mine...

It is the script responsibility to connect to the database: http://www.aprelium.com/abyssws/faq.html#A3-2 . Check the script configuration to know how to give it the exact database location/pass/login information.
easytec
-

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: DO YOU PROVIDE... Reply with quote

... A MySQL package specially for Aprelium Abyss.
I am going test the Abyss Web Server fan site versions.
madman1337
-

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...what?

ok look what you need to do is go download MySQL Administrator. login to MySQL using the username root and whatever password you assigned root to when you initially setup the server. the host you connect to should be localhost (since you're connecting to a database on the same computer). after that, you should be logged in. make a new schema and then make a new account and assign all of the privileges to the schema you just made to the account. after that, all you need to do is when the script you are trying to set up asks, the mysql server is at localhost and use the login of the account you just made and have it use the database you just made.

done!

MySQL is a completely different service so there is no reason for there to be any specialized package for abyss because there would be absolutely no difference. PHP is what connects to MySQL so as long as PHP works for abyss MySQL will always be "preconfigured" along with PHP.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: DO YOU PROVIDE... Reply with quote

easytec wrote:
... A MySQL package specially for Aprelium Abyss.
I am going test the Abyss Web Server fan site versions.

Have you read http://www.aprelium.com/abyssws/faq.html#A3-2 ? We explain there that Abyss Web Server does not "talk" directly to MySQL or any database. So there is no point in creating a specialized MySQL version since the standard one already works fine.

If you have a problem with it, it is a problem with MySQL configuration. The web server can do no miracles if you configure MySQL the wrong way.
Forum Administrator
Aprelium - https://aprelium.com
JBeast
-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: read the manual? Reply with quote

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Running_MediaWiki_on_Windows

Even gives props to Abyss.

Quote:
Others include: Yet the best in this list is Abyss Web Server, as it allows multiple languages and databases like...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Databases All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: