Webmin and Abyss?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ncwdavid
-

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Webmin and Abyss? Reply with quote

Hey, I got the windows version of Webmin for Abyss. Is it compatible? I just extracted the files into the hdocs folder under Webmin but I dont know what to do. I just have 100s of files and folders and no executeable file. Could someone please help me?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Webmin is for apache as far as I am aware and will not work with Abyss.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:33 am    Post subject: Re: Webmin and Abyss? Reply with quote

ncwdavid wrote:
Hey, I got the windows version of Webmin for Abyss. Is it compatible? I just extracted the files into the hdocs folder under Webmin but I dont know what to do. I just have 100s of files and folders and no executeable file. Could someone please help me?

Technically speaking Webmin can run with Abyss Web Server as it is a Perl script (you'll have to install Perl support).

But Webmin will be of no use for you unless you want to remotely control your computer or if you want to give your users some kind of autonomous access to some parameters (this is typically the case if you are a hosting company).

Besides Webmin for Windows is not stable (alpha level code - see http://www.webmin.com/faq.html ) and is meant to control only a few services that you will have to install by hand. So if you're really new to all this, you'll waste your time installing all this and learning how services that it is going to control should be configured. There are other things more interesting and less frustrating that you can do with a Web server.
Forum Administrator
Aprelium - https://aprelium.com
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: