phpmyadmin and abyss

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tawvb
-

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:38 pm    Post subject: phpmyadmin and abyss Reply with quote

Hi I have been running my abyss web server for some time and it is great, I have to use port forwarding as I use a router, however I have decided to go a step further and utilise phpmyadmin and mysql to run a php forum, and although I have everything set up correctly, I cannot get to the phpmyadminpage, I just get a blank page with nothing on. In the configuration it recommends that the port is left blank for autodetection, but I assumed it would have to be port 80, although neither way works. has anyone else had problems running phpmyadmin through a router, and if so is there any advice you can give about port forwarding for programs that have to run along side the server. Thanks for any advice that may be offered.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The port would be 3306 by default, not port 80. Port 80 is Abyss, not MySQL. Check that you followed the tutorials properly. The easiest thing to do would be to redo the tutorials for phpMyAdmin.
tawvb
-

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi thanks for your help. I do have mysql on the default port 3306, it wont run unless it is. I got my php5 version from aprelium, but I am not sure where php.ini should go, at the moment it is in the php5 folder should it be in the windows folder or doesn't it matter? I don't think that is causing the problem anway. The error message I get if I add index.php onto the phpmyadmin url, is sql error message "Access Denied for 'root' @ localhost' (using password NO). I setup my phpmyadmin through the setup file in script, and used the online instructions from aprelium to set it up, and I put in a password. Sometimes I get a login box, but when I put in the username and password it just disappears then pops back up again. I have rewritten the config file through the setup script about 20 times with no luck, and I always take it out of the config folder and put in the main phpmyadmin folder, so i am baffled.
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Follow the tutorials on www.abyssunderground.co.uk and see where you get. Remember to uninstall everything (php, mysql, phpMyAdmin, but NOT abyss) before you start to minimise the risk of anything you have done affecting it.
tawvb
-

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks I shall do that. Is there any order in which, mysql, php and phpmyadmin should be installed?
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recommend php, mysql then phpMyAdmin. phpMyAdmin won't work without php and MySQL being installed so that has to come last.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: