Re: More FTP problems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eaglefox
-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 6:54 am    Post subject: Re: More FTP problems Reply with quote

I see this was just hashed over some, but does not really answer my problem I now face. I have software to create graphics I use on my website for weather forecasting. It also uses scripts too, so the graphics can be made and posted directly to my website. I am wondering how should I write the script so it will post the graphics to my htdocs folder in c-drive?

The path is: c:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\charts-graphics\image.gif

I have WS_FTP client, so should ftp be possible, how do I write the script to get into the server. Any information would be most helpful.
vbgunz
-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Just a thought* Considering FTP doesn't shake hands with Abyss shouldn't your FTP server then act alone? Isn't their someway of telling your FTP about the folder *charts-graphics* even in an alias kind of way? *Just a thought*

Same goes for uploading through FTP direct to your htdocs folder... Good luck :)
eaglefox
-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: FTP Reply with quote

Hi again Vic:

Well, I never really attempted to tell the ftp client any "alias" folder names before, so I would not know. But I believe it should operate seperate if it don't work with Abyss. :?

What I am trying to do is write a script which the program Digital Atmosphere will run, that will upload the charts to Abyss on my c-drive. I am lost here. Please help.
TheLinker
-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: FTP Reply with quote

Many ftp servers have the possibilities to add a "virtual" directory to the root directory of an ftp account. This virtual directory (e.g. /charts) should then map to your charts real directory. Same as the alias functionality in Abyss.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
eaglefox
-

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 2:17 am    Post subject: Re: Hmmm Reply with quote

Okay, I understand thus far. But how does this answer my question which is how to write the script to accomplish this for me? :)
TheLinker
-

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, a script can be written in many languages... you must decide what scripting language make most sense in your environment. When you know what scripting language to use, you can either try to search for a solution on the many search-engines out there... or you can learn the language yourself, which has many advantages if you later want to expand the functionality. :)
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: