Fast-CGI error on startup

View previous topic :: View next topic  
davids
-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Fast-CGI error on startup Reply with quote

I am running X1 on Windows 2003. I have it starting up when you log into the system (not a service).

Every time I restart the machine I see an error (like when a program can't close) that says "so and so had to be shut down, do you want to report this to Microsoft?", Send, Don't Send.

I tried starting it as a Windows service, and it worked, but then the server couldn't connect to the port. I switched it back to the startup item (not a service).

On another note, the connection times are slow... Meaning, it takes a few seconds to initiate a connection to the server (even on the local network). Though once it connects, it's fast.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
David
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Fast-CGI error on startup Reply with quote

davids wrote:
Every time I restart the machine I see an error (like when a program can't close) that says "so and so had to be shut down, do you want to report this to Microsoft?", Send, Don't Send.

What is the name of process that is crashing?

Quote:
On another note, the connection times are slow... Meaning, it takes a few seconds to initiate a connection to the server (even on the local network). Though once it connects, it's fast

It depends on the FastCGI process that is being started. If it needs time to run, then the delay you are experiencing is spent having it start and initialize. Once a FastCGI process is started, subsequent uses are instant.

So if you are in such a case, this usually suggest that the FastCGI process needs time to startup and that you'll have to better code it (if it was written by you) or that you need a faster computer to have it start faster.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> FastCGI/CGI All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: