Using Joomla With Abyss...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
soccerextreme
-

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Using Joomla With Abyss... Reply with quote

I currently have Abyss Web Server X2 (v 2.4) and am very satisfied with it.

I do have a couple big questions though.... When I attempt to setup Joomla I run into a big problem. Every time... the installation alerts me that MySQL support is Unavailable.

I currently have the custom PHP 5.2.2 for Abyss installed along with MySQL 5.0. I use SQLyog to manage the databases and I have no problem logging into the localhost at that point; as well as creating and modifying databases. All php coded pages come up without hitch... unless of course they are bound to a database.

From what I can tell the only thing left hanging this process up is the .htaccess file. Is there a good way to convert this file to something usable by Abyss? I noticed this was discussed in another forum area but I still don't clearly understand the means to converting such a file.

If anyone has any other suggestions with regards to what might be the problem I would greatly appreciate the input.

Thank You
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
reefbum
-

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Joomla installed on X2 (2.4) so it will work.

If I remember correctly during the Joomla setup I put 127.0.0.1 as the MySQL connection. If I remember correctly it did not like the use of "localhost"

Also if you set MySQL up on a "non-standard" port you will need to do something like 127.0.0.1:3306 (3306 is the standard MySQL port, just replace it with the port you are using)

I would advise to have MySQL running on a non-standard port for a bit of extra security. The world is full of bots that do nothing but try to find servers they can exploit. Running MySQL, FTP and SSH on a non-standard port will stop most of the bots from messing with your system. Just make sure you open the ports in you firewall.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
soccerextreme
-

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that is a good idea but I can't get Joomla to recognize that the MySQL server is available to tell it what its name is supposed to be or to what port it is supposed to be on.

I need Joomla to at least believe MySQL support is available. If there is some I need to change a term from localhost to 127.0.0.1 then please share.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
lenchnikin
-

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:19 am    Post subject: Using Joomla With Abyss Reply with quote

Hi,

Ive set-up the chat but ive got problems with AOL users, which IP adress may change from a HTTP request to another. They cant connect to the chat using continous mode, C daemon
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Databases All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: