Java, JSP, Sevlets???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gully300
-

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: Java, JSP, Sevlets??? Reply with quote

ok from what i have gathered from surfing what i think is most of the local content on java i cant find a solution however i believe that the solution might be

Java EE 5 SDK
or
Java Application Platform SDK if u and planning on doing somthing with applications rather then scripts

thanks to "senshi's" mention of it i checked it out and it says it uses the latest api's Offering new and updated features such as Enterprise JavaBeans (EJB) Technology 3.0, JavaServer Faces (JSF) Technology, and the latest web services APIs, i'm not to sure what the differences are (i'm not really sure what the are i'm just starting to have a look at java and thought i should get it working on my server first), anyone that can shed some light on this or point me to a solution (if there is already one) thanks in advance.

PS i believe this to be the api info and i think when sun microsystems refer to api they mean these specifications in general here .
-

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will you please clarify what exactly you're asking?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
gully300
-

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would like to know what i need to install java and how to on my abyss web server, i have the latest version and after browsing and searching the forums i havn't found anything i recognise as a solution to what i see are lots of people wanting java but not know how or what.

sorry for not being clear.
-

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't run JSP on Abyss yet. Regular Java applications should work, but I have no idea how to make JVM work with Abyss.

Java would require each application to get compiled and it would probaby run slower than PHP because Java Virtual Machine sucks.

Abyss might support JSP in the future, since Sun has released JVM as open source (as far as I've heard).
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
gully300
-

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: