Perl Image::ExifTool not working

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sjmonty
-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:31 pm    Post subject: Perl Image::ExifTool not working Reply with quote

Hello

I have installed a Perl module called Image::ExifTool on my Mac. I did the full install of the .gz (not simply copy the executable to /usr/local/bin).
It runs a .cgi file just fine from the command line but when I execute the same file using your server and web browser I get a server error if the “use Image::ExifTool;” line is included. If I comment it out, the script doesn’t give an error. All other Perl .cgi scripts of mine run just fine.

I did the same install on my Amazon EC2 server and it runs fine. Abyss Web Server has a problem with it. How can I fix the issue?

Monty
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Perl Image::ExifTool not working Reply with quote

sjmonty,

Perl should have logged any errors it may have reported inside the log/cgi.log file. So could you please check it and copy/paste the errors here?

That file is by default found inside the log sub-directory which on its turn is inside Abyss Web Server installation directory (folder)?
Forum Administrator
Aprelium - https://aprelium.com
sjmonty
-

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:50 pm    Post subject: Solved Reply with quote

Aprelium email support discovered that I had two separate installations of Perl on my computer. Once I pointed the web server to the correct Perl interpreter, the module could work. Thank you to Aprelium for helping me figure this out.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Solved Reply with quote

sjmonty wrote:
Thank you to Aprelium for helping me figure this out.

You're welcome. Glad that we helped you get this sorted out. :)
Forum Administrator
Aprelium - https://aprelium.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Perl All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: