Can't get my web server to work!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Painfull
-

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:49 am    Post subject: Can't get my web server to work! Reply with quote

I'm using Abyss Web Server with No-Ip as a domain. I have the following ports open: 80, 8080, 3724 and 8085. Most are for my WoW private server. I have DMZ enabled. I followed my router's (Linksys) guide on how to port forward to be sure I don't do anything wrong. I also have UPnP forwarding enabled for port 80.

I can't get others to connect. Any suggestions? I have a Linksys BEFW11S4 router. Also, I am with BELL SYMPATICO and I have seen that other users have the same problem!

Also, when I try to access my website with my external IP, I get the following error:

"User Login - Failed

Access permission is currently denied"

Please help, I know you can!
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
cmxflash
-

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like your router is accepting the HTTP requests by its internal web server instead of Abyss. Are you sure your ISP isn't blocking port 80? Have you tried your web server on another port?
Painfull
-

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:45 am    Post subject: Yes! Reply with quote

I have tried on port 1024 and 8080. The problem seems to be that my ISP is blocking all incoming traffic... Is that possible?
cmxflash
-

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're not blocking all your incoming traffic. They might be blocking popular ports such as 21, 22, 80, 443, 8080 etc.
Painfull
-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please close post, problem fixed!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: