PHP not taking arguments

View previous topic :: View next topic  
roadblock
-

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 10:10 am    Post subject: PHP not taking arguments Reply with quote

I am new to this web server but I am trying to run my php scripts with it. I setup the server for php and it does run it but my problem is that when i use forms that send arguments to a php script, the php script never gets them. Has anyone had this problem and know how to fix it?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
os17fan
-

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 10:34 am    Post subject: I think i have had that issue b4 Reply with quote

Ok let's explain what's going on !

When using a e-mail or contact form you should always look for the SMTP server address that your e-mail provider has. Once you find out the SMTP address go to C:\windows and look for the file php.ini, note:You must have PHP installed from http://www.php.net now you want to edit your php.ini file open the php.ini file and look for

[mail function]
; For Win32 only.
SMTP = type your SMTP address here

and then after you do that you should be able to do those forms

YAHOO requires Authentication and i don't know how to do that so if you have Yahoo mail good luck LOL :D
-

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 7:19 pm    Post subject: not what i am talking about Reply with quote

I will give you an example like a ShoutOut Box.
You have

<form action="sign.php" method="GET">
<input name="name">
<input name="comment">
<button vaule="submit">
</form>

when it runs "sign.php" i get the error for undefined var for $name & $comment

any help???
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 12:15 am    Post subject: Re: PHP not taking arguments Reply with quote

roadblock wrote:
I am new to this web server but I am trying to run my php scripts with it. I setup the server for php and it does run it but my problem is that when i use forms that send arguments to a php script, the php script never gets them. Has anyone had this problem and know how to fix it?

roadblock, this is a classical issue and would have found the solution just by reading some previous posts. Anyway, open your php.ini file and locatethe line:
register_globals=off
and change it with:
register_globals=on
webcoder
-

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 8:53 am    Post subject: Registering Global Reply with quote

Hi aprelium,
That was the correct advise. :lol:
But, we have to keep in mind that latest versions of PHP are going to come with php.ini set like this only.
Not always it will be possible to alter the php.ini & more importantly, it is not a secure method.

Rather we should all start using global arrays.

:)

Best regards
WC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: