Abyss & Proxies.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jlp09550
-

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject: Abyss & Proxies. Reply with quote

I was wondering how/if Abyss uses a proxy server?

Before, I had a proxied DSL connection through my main computer, and was I was just wondering if I could somehow configure Abyss to use that proxy instead, or does it just use the setting Internet Explorer provides?

Thanks,
Jared
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tom Chapman
-

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm.. To my knowledge, Abyss does not use a Proxy but even if it did why would it?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jlp09550
-

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes, I have to reset to a proxy to keep my internet up. I was just checking around to see if Abyss could connected with a proxy. :P
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jlp09550,

Proxies issue requests to web servers on the behalf of browsers (instead of having the browser fetch the page from the web server directly).

So Abyss Web Server has not to know about proxies: for it they are like any other client requesting pages and there is nothing special with them for the server side.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: