Nothing to do with Abyss... but ByPassing BandwidthThrottlin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Off Topic Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
razorsedge
-

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:40 am    Post subject: Nothing to do with Abyss... but ByPassing BandwidthThrottlin Reply with quote

K I am sorry that this has nothing to do with the Abyss Web Server... but i was wondering if some of you know how to bypass or go around a router or network that throttles the bandwidth... For some dumb reason my college has like t3 connection but i cannot experience the internet like i want to.... i live in the dorms and they throttle the connection to like 10kb's. is there some way to by pass this? Also we have a wireless connection but it duz not reach my dorm room because i am on the 7th floor.... and we are in a concrete building... if i was to connect to the wireless i would be on the ie at like 400kb... so i know they are throttling us... like i said duz anyone know of some website or software so i can bypass this network?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
cmxflash
-

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are all ports blocked? If so, there isn't any way of bypassing the throttle.
I would try to build an external WLAN anntenna instead.

Another way would be to ask a friend who lives near the AP to set up a WLAN repeater.
razorsedge
-

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we aren't aloud 2 have access points or repeaters on the network... which is somehow detectable... i dont kno how they detect it but they can... many of my friends have gotten in trouble for this bullcrap ... and i am sick of a slow internet
abyssisthebest
-

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it only internet traffic thats throttled?

if its not and the internal network speeds are not throttled, could you relay the connection of another pc?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
razorsedge
-

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i am not sure i jsut kno that inside the dorms, it is throttled... outside like i can connect to the server... the main one and it is a lot faster... in the dorms there is also servers... so i would have 2 find a way 2 bypass there servers then connect to the main server
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Off Topic Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: