Mysql crashes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
greentin
-

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 9:26 pm    Post subject: Mysql crashes Reply with quote

Hi everybody!
I'm experiencing a lot of Mysql crashes that make reboot my computer...
I've a blue screen that appear just 1 second and after my computer reboot... :cry:
I think that's coming from mysql because It appears after that I've installed it...
So what the matter? :? How could I make mysql more stable on my win XP home edition?
My computer is an Athlon 1800+ XP
256 DDRam
60 GB DD...
I'll try to buy 512 Meg of DDram monday...
Could it be the memory that affect mysql?

Thanks a lot for your help! :)
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
vbgunz
-

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It shouldn't be MySQL which is crashing your PC... Our PCs are almost the same. I have a 1.2 Athlon, 512RAM, 40 gigs HDD and never experienced the blue screen on WinXP in over 8 months...

Unless you have no HDD space left I can't see MySQL crashing your system.

Is MySQL starting up with your PC? If it is and you can boot into your OS does MySQL start with a red light?

You might wish to check the root of your drives for a 0kb program file with no extension. It'll say "program" or "programfile"... That file magically appears sometimes and it screws with MySQL preventing it from starting correctly.

Try booting into safe mode if necessary and check for that file. Search if you have to... It has no extension and is 0kb in size.. It should say either "program" or "programfile"...

If this isn't your probem let us know when you find out, good luck :)
greentin
-

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 7:40 pm    Post subject: Lol me and my.cnf Reply with quote

Hello, I've fixed my problem of mysql crash! :D
First I was sure that was mysql that was crashing my computer and I was right:
I've forgot to configure my.cnf file of mysql... So my mysql server was configured for a huge server with gigs of ram and 3 HD...
So as I read on postnuke forums, the mysql service was using Ram after Swap and after that, nothing left and my server has crashed...
(The post on the postnuke forum that I saw said that if my.cnf is misconfigured the mysql server hasn't the time to "trash" the data that he's working on and after that ram and after Swap are being filled... and after CRASH.... :? )

My server is now up for 5 hours, and I have never reached before this uptime... (yes I now it isn't long ... but It seems to show that my.cnf file was the file to fix...). 8)
After that I've installed 512 Meg of ram today...
All run fine and I hope for a long time! :)
(Sorry for my ugly english :wink: )
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: