Realtime access-log?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
[deXter]
-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Realtime access-log? Reply with quote

The access.log file isn't update realtime, ie an entry is made only after the data transfer has been done for that entry.

for eg, if someone's downloading a big file from my server, the log's updated only after he's done downloading. During the upload, I have no way of knowing what file is being downloaded.

So is there any way to find out what files are being downloaded (and maybe the progress of the transfer), or is there any third party program that'll allow me to see that?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Tom Chapman
-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to see this too.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
pkSML
-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would be a neat feature.

I imagine you could use a proxy to accomplish this. Have it listen for HTTP requests on port 80 (or what port Abyss listens on).

http://CodeBin.yi.org
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
[deXter]
-

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found a temporary solution.

I already use two programs, one is cFosSpeed (a network traffic shaper) and Process Explorer (from Sysinternals).

With cFosSpeed I can monitor my uploads and downloads too, so I know if my server is uploading something. (I guess you could use any standard bandwidth monitor program). Then with Process Explorer, I can see what handles are open under Abyss, so I'll get to know which file is being uploaded :D

Back to top View user's profile Send private message
masa
-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that's gonna put a bit of load in the server and especially if the server has lots of hits then there would be lots of cpu and ram load so i think the only way to know if people are downloading from your server is that download a bandwidth monitoring program and then see if it goes up at the upload section. Or someone have to make a program or a script that allows real time server monitoring to see what files are being uploaded/downloaded in real time. I am hoping to see this feature soon in abyss web server. :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: