abyss x2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bootneck
-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: abyss x2 Reply with quote

Hi I was wondering if anyone knows of a tutorial for x2 for setting host management.

I have a static ip address and have registered 2 .co.uk domain names with lycos.

Or is it simple a case of setting them both at port 80 then then setting the document paths in the add host path box to the folder in route that contains the index file. I am all new to this and just need a nudge every so often

Thanks in advance Lee
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Point both domains to your IP. Just add a new VHOST for each domain. If you want both domains to point to the same website, just use add both addresses to one VHOST.

Search the forum if you need more help. There are a few topics on this.
bootneck
-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Thanks for the quick reply, I have read a good few of the topics, thats were I got the idea to register my domains with lycos from,, you :) in a reply to similar thread. many thanks for clearing it up in my mind. a couple of Q please
do enter my static domain name into abyss and one for lycos I have my domains and control panel I just set my static ip there against the relevant domain name. Sorry for being a pest I can,t trial and error as the server still sat on my desk non networked awaiting moving to its storage area.

VHOST I looking around abyss now, can only find hosts and I can find it in the user guide,, tried to find some book to by,, but can,t find anything on abyss :(

Lee
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bootneck,

We suggest reading http://www.aprelium.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=58477#58477 which explains all about virtual hosting and how to set hosts with domain names and test them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Tutorials All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: