Postnuke and global var error...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
greentin
-

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:00 pm    Post subject: Postnuke and global var error... Reply with quote

First I'd like to thank you for this great server, that's the first server that use a so small amount of memory... and it's the first that's not crashing my computer after 5 minutes...

So my question:
I run Postnuke Phoenix 7.2.2 on my abyss server and it seems to work fine but I've these errors at the top of each pages:

Quote:
Notice: Undefined index: themeOverrideCategory in C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\header.php on line 200

Notice: Undefined index: themeOverrideStory in C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\header.php on line 201

Notice: Undefined variable: themeOverrideCategory in C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\header.php on line 202

Notice: Undefined variable: themeOverrideStory in C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\header.php on line 202

I know that linked to the global var in php.ini... I've set it to on...
(the php.ini files is in /PHP/backup/ directory right?)

One other question after that I execute the settings page in the administration in Postnuke I got this:

Quote:
Notice: Undefined variable: REMOTE_ADDR in C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\includes\pnAPI.php on line 1367

Warning: get_browser() [function.get-browser]: browscap ini directive not set. in C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\includes\pnAPI.php on line 1404

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\includes\pnAPI.php:1367) in C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\includes\pnAPI.php on line 1249

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\includes\pnAPI.php:1367) in C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\includes\pnAPI.php on line 1103

Perhaps it's also linked with the global var problem in php.ini...
How to fixe that?
Thanks a lot for your help! :D
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
vbgunz
-

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not too sure about your problems but I think the php.ini file should be either located under C:\windows or C:\winnt or directly within the php root folder.

php doesn't have a backup folder in it unless you put it there. I might be completely wrong with the .exe version. Check the following locations again for a php.ini file...

C:\windows
C:\winnt
\php\php.ini

Maybe you're setting globals on in the wrong file. Good luck :)
greentin
-

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 7:54 pm    Post subject: Not that... :( Reply with quote

I've found php.ini in my c:\windows directory but after I've set my php.ini with
Quote:
register_globals = On
I've the same errors...

I've read the tutorial for the mysql installation and I've seen that it's writed to create the mysql directory in the abyss/database/ directory, I've installed mine at c:\mysql\ , could the problem come from that?

Thanks a lot for your answer!
(sorry for my english... I speak french usually...)
vbgunz
-

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as MySQL is running correctly it doesn't really matter where its located. Heres a few words of wisdom in regards to php errors.

You can have a thousand errors on your page. It doesn't mean you messed up on your install or configuration a thousand times... You can miss just one thing and that one thing alone will sprout up a thousand errors.

Besides making sure your globals are on I would only recommend two things.

1. Go back into your php.ini file and make sure your tmp directory location is correct.
2. Double check your postnuke configuration.

When I was first starting with some scripts I never had a problem starting them over from scratch OR finding something that worked. In the end, its not about what I want, its about what fits the bill and what works.

Heres a place you can go find more CMS (Content Management Systems). http://opensourcecms.com/ its pretty good and will prove anything nuke isn't all that their is... Good luck :)
greentin
-

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 9:02 pm    Post subject: lol Reply with quote

I've foud a very funny var in php.ini:
Quote:
diplay_error = Off

And all your trouble disappears!! :D :D
Seriously when I desactivate the errors, postnuke seems to not be blocked when I send some informations in configurations panels and seems to work better...
Is that possible?? 8O
So I love the concept of this function... :roll: you set it to off and after you look like a script expert 8)
lol !
Thanks for all your help!!

P.S. : I've set global var to On and the efficiency of the display_error var seems to show that I'm working on the right file.
So I'm stucked...
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Postnuke and global var error... Reply with quote

greentin wrote:

I know that linked to the global var in php.ini... I've set it to on...
(the php.ini files is in /PHP/backup/ directory right?)

No, the relevant php.ini is usually in the windows directory (c:\windows or c:\winnt). So change the one there and tell us if things work fine now.
greentin
-

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Not that... :( Reply with quote

greentin wrote:
I've found php.ini in my c:\windows directory but after I've set my php.ini with
Quote:
register_globals = On
I've the same errors...

Don't want to be rude but I've already changed my php.ini in my windows directory...
Now with the "diplay_error" var set to Off my Postnuke works very well...
Is it possible?
Is bad for security purpose?
Thanks a lot for your help guys, I learn a lot with you :)
WhiteDevil
-

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

even though you have removed the error showing the error is still there and a problem still resides..

i would recommend turning error showing back on and trying to rectify the problem like that...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 2:34 pm    Post subject: I've the Answer!! Reply with quote

Ok I've solved the "problem" that make appears theses "errors" :D
Some people from the postnuke team answered me!
So these "errors" are in fact some notices that are new in PHP 4.3.x.
So you have to modify the error_report sensibility in your php.ini:
Quote:
error_reporting = E_ALL;

by
Quote:
reporting = E_ALL& ~E_NOTICE;

And after that if you have some errors when you submit some news in your administration panels you have to modify your /includes/pnAPI.php file.
Just modify these lines:

Quote:

function pnInit()
{
// Proper error reporting Commented out for release
error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_WARNING);

So here it is! :wink:
Thanks a lot for your help and I hope that these new indications will be helpfull for you! :D
vbgunz
-

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the nukes run great with errors. I never trusted the idea of spaghetti code and thought I find something else :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: