Restrict users to download file and other stuffs.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoshGomez
-

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:57 am    Post subject: Restrict users to download file and other stuffs. Reply with quote

Hello, is there anyway to controll restrictions with php? I want to block guest users to download files and only make registered users to download the files. I have test Access Control, but i dont want to have two login pages/boxes.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
pcmantinker
-

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried searching php code sites? I'm sure there is a script that allows for you to do that. You just have to search for it.

Even if your idea seems whack, stick with it and make it happen.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JoshGomez
-

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have search, I found script that hide the real url but you can still direct download them.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
hc2995
-

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may be a bit tedious, but have you thought of making a password protected directory, restricting access to members, then making usernames and passwords for your members to allow them to enter the directory and download? (not the best solution but it could work)
-

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might try implementing a CMS system. e107 is a popular one. I think it will allow you to only have downloads available to registered users.

http://CodeBin.yi.org
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
hc2995
-

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pkSML wrote:
You might try implementing a CMS system. e107 is a popular one. I think it will allow you to only have downloads available to registered users.

You can make it for registered members, guests, and special members (such as subscribers)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: