Problems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kennyman
-

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Problems Reply with quote

When i went to set up my server, I changed the port to the one my old server ran off of, only problem is now i cant get into the actual sit. When i type in my static ip adress it works, but it wont let me edit anything, any suggestions?
-

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Problems Reply with quote

Kennyman wrote:
but it wont let me edit anything, any suggestions?

What are you editing here? A more detailed explanation of what you are doing (including the URLs you are visiting) and the behavior you are experiencing will help understand the problem.
Kennyman
-

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: ? Reply with quote

Hmmm yeah sorry first post was kind of... blah... Basicly I tryed to change my port so it would run with my static IP, then when i tryed visitng 192.168.0.69, my static ip, it says that its loading the abyss web server, but wont load the new index.htm page, then when i try 127.0.0.1:7234, my opened port at the time, it wont let me get into the server configuration. I uninstalled and reloaded so I could work on it some more but I still cant get the ports to work, and without that others can't veiw my site... and when i try typing in 192.168.0.69 it comes up with the original abyss index.htm page... wierd :?

Also I'm using a Dlink router, can't remeber the exact type this moment. Any other imformation I can dig up if needed.
-

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: ? Reply with quote

Kennyman,

Uninstalling and reinstalling Abyss Web Server won't solve the problem. Your problem here is with the URLs you're using or with your network configuration.

We suggest reading http://www.aprelium.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=58952#58952 to know which IPs to use and how to configure your network to allow incoming connections.
Kennyman
-

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:18 am    Post subject: Mistaken. Reply with quote

No see I had it working, then i changed the port to the one I had open, all of a sudden I couldn't access Abyss from the Internet... Its complicated to explain basicly I want to know how to set it to a port without it crashing again, I have a static IP on my dlink router (can't remember model type but its a D-Link), Any forum topics?
-

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Mistaken. Reply with quote

Kennyman wrote:
No see I had it working, then i changed the port to the one I had open, all of a sudden I couldn't access Abyss from the Internet...?

Can you explain us what you've changed exactly and where?
Kennyman
-

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:39 am    Post subject: RE: Reply with quote

Somewhere within the config of abyss there is a port, and an auto assign button, I set the port to my open port... but I uninstalled and it worked so what I'm asking is how to set the port.
-

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go into the console, click the configure button on the host you are modifying, then click the general button. Modify the port then click ok, then restart.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: