Setting Up Abyss via Linksys

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Firaga666
-

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:35 am    Post subject: Setting Up Abyss via Linksys Reply with quote

Okay, I'm on my iMac G5, and I get my internet with my Airport Card, and it gets it from my Linksys Wireless router upstars connected to my Cable Modem.

I can access the stuff from my local network address (127.0.0.whatever), but from my IP address, I can't.
I attempted to try and configure my router to foward ports from it's menu online by typing in my IP address, I changed somehting I thought would work, and now I can't access it anymore. I reset the router, reset Safari, but still can't get to it.

When I go to te actual page (thats supposed to be my webserver)
"I get Safari can’t open the page “http://68.111.236.150:8080/” because it could not connect to the server “68.111.236.150”."

So, if anyone has any experience with this, and knows how to get this running, I'd appreicate it so much.
If it matters, it's a Linksys router, and I'm on Mac OS 10.3.9

And the address (and my IP) is:
http://68.111.236.150:8080/

---
I have no knowledge of networking at all really, and the last time I used AByss was on a WindowsME, not connected to a router, but I still love this software.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Ralph
-

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firaga666.

You may not be able to get to your site with that number from inside the LAN. That number will only be used to get to your site only from outside the LAN. You will usually have to use localhost or 127.0.0.1 or LAN IP to pull up your site. You can also use a proxy server.

Here is a link that hopefully will help you. Read the second post down on this thread...

http://www.aprelium.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9766&highlight=accessing+sever+proxy
hubson
-

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

with linksys routers you need to go into the main router admin, click on the tab applications and gaming specify the port start and end for which one abyss is on or which your mail server is on, then put in the end part of your ip address and tick enable

I hope this helps

Pete

Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
madman1337
-

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you have any firewalls currently running that might be blocking the port?
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: