SQLite 3?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
littlebigfred
-

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:09 am    Post subject: SQLite 3? Reply with quote

Hello

I succesfully installed X1 (2.3.2) and php520.exe, and ran my very first SQLite instructions to create a database. However, it uses SQLite 2 instead of 3.

Does someone know how to update SQLite?

Thank you.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Ralph
-

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

littlebigfred wrote:
Does someone know how to update SQLite?

Hello littlebigfred,

I am not real sure if it is possible to upgrade the SQLite if you have the latest version of PHP 5.20. However I will give you a suggestion too possibly a better solution.

I would go on ahead and install the real version of MySQL and phpmyadmin. They work very well together and with PHP for making very functional databases.

It sounds like you had no problems getting your server set up and running with PHP included. Well good, your half way there, a suggestion would be to just follow a good tutorial for the MySQL and than phpmyadmin installations.

You can search this forum and find out some good information. Also, TRUSTAbyss and Abyssunderground have the tutorials on there sites.
littlebigfred
-

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ralph wrote:
I would go on ahead and install the real version of MySQL and phpmyadmin. They work very well together and with PHP for making very functional databases.

Thanks, but I'd rather use SQLite. I'll see if I can upgrade it to release 3.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Ralph
-

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

littlebigfred.

Cool, I hope you can get it done! I looked at a site about SQLite and I am just supprsed that the latest PHP version does not have the latest SQLite version already packaged with it.

Well, I hope you find whatever you need for it to work. Maybe someone else in the forum does know more about it?
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: SQLite 3? Reply with quote

littlebigfred,

According to the PHP manual, SQLite 3 is supported through the PDO SQLite set of functions (and not the standard SQLite functions in PHP): http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.pdo-sqlite.php .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: