A problem. phpBB

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Firefly
-

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: A problem. phpBB Reply with quote

Off-topic discussion, and general, PHP Issues. Search I have.
So therefore it looks to be fairly close between these different forums.

Now to get to my problem. phpBB. At one time it was working, all of a sudden it was not. I believe it had something to do with the company that was redirecting my domain name, to my static IP. There was some way they was able to block phpbb, on my server.

So therefore I removed all programs necessary to run phpBB, and reinstall everything again, several times. The last time it seems to configure properly however it will not allow me into the administration, area.

So now being very upset, what am I doing wrong.

All I can think of I have not placed files, required in the proper place. Hopefully that my be the problem. Description of where things are located. In my Abyss X2, server. I presently have two domains that I am serving. Shall we named them for instance dog and cat.

So therefore I want the bulletin board phpbb to work with cat, so therefore I install, phpMyAdmin, and phpBB, into the same folder has the web site cat located inside Abyss. In other words the path looks like this. Abyss \ htdocs \ cat.

I am sorry I am not a programmer and all of this just goes completely over my head. Please help, and thank you as well for even looking. :cry:
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt that your domain name registrar stopped phpBB from being used on the domain since its none of their business what you use it for.

Im guessing it was a configuration error on your server.

You MUST use www.cat.com/phpBB to access the forum if thats what it was the first time you installed it. This is because phpBB only works with the original URL unless you edit the configuration in the SQL database.

There is a way round this. If when you login you get a 404 error, dont worry. Hit back, refresh the page and you will have magically logged in. Now click the admin panel link at the bottom of the page and viola, you're admin panel is back. You can now go into the configuration page and change the root domain and path that phpBB is to use. I beleive this is probably the problem.

Hope this helps.
Firefly
-

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi AbyssUnderground, thank you again!
I will try your suggestions, after reinstalling again. Following your tutorial. :wink:
Firefly
-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally, got it working again, after much much trial in error. The problems was my own. Your tutorials once again was very valuable.

Thank you, very much once again for your assistance.
AbyssUnderground
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: