Another problem with accessing a web page over the web

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheAgent
-

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:20 am    Post subject: Another problem with accessing a web page over the web Reply with quote

Ok this problem is a litle funny. I will preface the problem by saying I had a working webpage for about a year, then once I changed my ISP, I was no longer able to connect to the web server from outside the local network. I am using the same hardware, router etc. I can access my web pages from my internal network and through the localhost. if i use any PC on the same internal network to access the page "http://omacron.mine.nu" then I can see it just fine. But once ANYONE else attempts to view the web page, the connection times out.

Is it possible that my new ISP is blocking these requests to keep me from having a webserver @home? The router settings are perfect, DNS settings fine, Abyss says everything is cool.... but outside of my house, noone can see the web page.

I have googled, searched the forums, and asked everyone i know. noone has any clues. If this is not the correct way to address this issue please do not flame me....
PHP, MySQL
on:
P4 2.4Ghz, 1Gb Ram 2x 120Gb Seagate HDD's
Windows XP Pro SP2
Back to top View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
TheAgent
-

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok i am a fool... obviously didnt look hard enough... found the problem 3 more posts down... man i hate the phpbb search feature... ok thanks anyway if you clicked my post.

But now anything that uses PHP is all messed up, my homepage works, but my PHP admin pages and bblog do not work... oh boo
PHP, MySQL
on:
P4 2.4Ghz, 1Gb Ram 2x 120Gb Seagate HDD's
Windows XP Pro SP2
Back to top View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: