New to PHP

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bigjoe
-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: New to PHP Reply with quote

I just setup Abyss web server and added a premade PHP pages too it and it works fine. what I'm looking for is how to edit the index.php page so what I see is what I get. and how to add options to my php index.php page. Like links. Images. open Windows with information in them ect.

can any one help.

thanks

Joe
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Editing php files is the same as editing a HTML file except you need to know the PHP code to make it work. I suggest searching google for some basic php tutorials to get you going.

If you need to know what a php command does, search the www.php.net site or go to www.php.net/function replacing "function" with the actual function name you want help for.
Marty
-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: New to PHP Reply with quote

Bigjoe wrote:
I just setup Abyss web server and added a premade PHP pages too it and it works fine. what I'm looking for is how to edit the index.php page so what I see is what I get. and how to add options to my php index.php page. Like links. Images. open Windows with information in them ect.

can any one help.

thanks

Joe

Iam not 100% but I dont think there is a "What you see, is what you get" edit program for php if there was I also would like a link to it.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Bigjoe
-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: I did Reply with quote

I tryed that already. I did a search on google.com and didn't come up with any thing I could use. Thats why I'm posting in this forums area. I have no idea what the php commands are or where to get a list. I have and did find some. It's just they are very basic part. I also downloaded 85megs of samples of PHP. I just don't under stand the commands or how to use them.

As as far as I know front page is used to make the lay out of the page. I just haven't been able to get the page to load and not just the code.

Thanks

Just extra help would be great.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should ask yourself if you actually need PHP or not. If you do then go ahead with the tutorials but if not, then there isnt much point in trying until you do need it.

Try this site:http://www.freewebmasterhelp.com/tutorials/php

It helped me get into PHP.
Bigjoe
-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Thanks You Reply with quote

Thats what I wanted. It gives me more detail on php scripts.

Thank you again

Now I just need to find a way to edit my pages for the users view. so when users view my pages I can add some new options

Joe
RTAdams89
-

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like you don't need PHP at all, and instead should learn HTML. Try HTMLgoodies.com for a bunch of tutorials. If you edit html pages with a editor such as dreamweaver or frontpage, you can "get what you see".
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Bigjoe
-

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Hay RT Reply with quote

RTAdams89 wrote:
It sounds like you don't need PHP at all, and instead should learn HTML. Try HTMLgoodies.com for a bunch of tutorials. If you edit html pages with a editor such as dreamweaver or frontpage, you can "get what you see".

See the only pages I have are all in PHP. The software that I run lets me setup file areas. forum areas and lots more options that I can add. So changing over to some thing else is a NO NO. The program requires and uses PHP and html. The creater of the pages I just chated with last night. He has plans to change the forums from php to html and PHP. that way I can edit the lay outs of my pages and add new options. The only thing I have to teach my self is php.

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: