I cant get my server running to save my life SOMEONE HELP

View previous topic :: View next topic  
solutions
-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: I cant get my server running to save my life SOMEONE HELP Reply with quote

I setup my server others seem to be able access it via the ip but I cant get my name to work with the ip or see my own server. Also some people I talk say they can see it others say they can. So I am at a total lose now.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Ralph
-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man that is a bummer! You are still having a tough time at this.

I know this may have been said already but, all I can suggest is to start at the beginning.

You have your DNS name pointed at the external IP #, correct?

You have your router set up to forward port 80 to your server by using the internal IP #, correct?

Ok, in your server configuration you have it set to the default host on port 80, correct?

Then, in the server index files you have index.html and index.html listed with any other scripting language extensions you use, is that correct?

Then, in server, general, you have the Documents Path set for the path to your htdocs folder, or the folder that holds your web pages, correct?

You also, have TCP/IP networking installed on PC, right?

If all these are true then you should be live, if you do in fact have the Abyss server icon running in your task bar and you can click on it twice and it pops up a little window that says server is up and running!

Can you pull up the web pages from the server in a browser? If so, what exactly are you putting in the browser? If you are using another port then make sure to add the port # at the end of the IP# and listed that way at the DNS server as well. I would try to stay on default port 80 with the X1 server if at all possible.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
solutions
-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: reply Reply with quote

I have set everything up by the book so to say and still nothing. Some people say they can see it using my extnal ip but then again some say they cant. Also my name I am trying to use (solutions.gotdns.com setup thu dyndns.com ) doesnt work at all. I am thinking its cause my systems super old and a p-o-s at this point in time. I welcome anyone to help and I'll grant full access of my system, server and router.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
hc2995
-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

solutions,

I sent you a PM on what to do, if you need more help please PM me back (my aim thing is acting wierd :/)
-

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already posted this in another one of your topics.

With dyndns, you are only pointing the subdomain to the IP address, with no respect to the port number you're using.

Since you aren't using port 80, you have to specify it in the URL.
So, this works perfectly --> http://solutions.gotdns.com:1024/
If you used port 80, then http://solutions.gotdns.com would work.

http://CodeBin.yi.org
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: