Send mail php issue????

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyberstyles
-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:29 am    Post subject: Send mail php issue???? Reply with quote

Ok first let me explain that im picking up on php quicker than i thought i would. emails via webform go to my inbox on my mail server fine but my mailing list sign up has a slight problem as it has to relay mail via web form and my mail server so to explain this more when i signed up test email then one of my admin emails notified me that i signed up how ever the auto message didnt send to the person who signed up which is me sense it was a test i do understand the error that i recieve is user not local i get that that means they are not on my mail server but i get additional code to further explain the process of what is happening to my autoresponder so here is the error code first

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Warning: mail() [function.mail]: SMTP server response: 551 User not local. Authentication required for relay in C:\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\web\mail_admin.php on line 211-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I understand what it is saying if you will notice the admin.php on line 211 this is my problem and here is that line--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mail ($l, $company." Mailing List", $message_a."\n\n".$signature."\n\nUnsubscribe:\nhttp://".$url."/web/mail.php", $header2);----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bottom line i have no idea how to change the code above to satisfy the error and send the mail from the form to the person that signs up on the mailing list.

If you need more code related to this let me know but please be specific as to what php file it will come from im still new to php.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
cyberstyles
-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in case anyone is trying to help on this dont i fixed it. problem was in mail server not the php prog so its good to go thanks to those who may have been looking for an answer!
Firefly
-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A question for you since you have gone through the problem of setting up a mail server, what did you use?

Thank you for any information you may have to share, thank you once again. :wink:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: