I can't se my file.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
skeeta
-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:22 am    Post subject: I can't se my file. Reply with quote

Hi all. I'm a complete novice don't you know? (cue stupid vacant grin). I've been trying to setup a very basic site. It's nothing complicated (or so I thought) just a folder with a few mp3's in that I can stream to my Myspace page music player.
I installed Abyss without too many problems although I did have to dissable 3 "things" to get it to start. I think they were some sort of logs. After reading the available literature on google and this forum I came to the conclusion that I needed to do a few things if my site was ever to see the light of day.
First I needed a static IP address. So I followed a guide that used ipconfig /all to find my current IP's and then through my wireless network properties and Internet protocol properties to set my IP's thus...
IP Address_192.168.1.2
Subnet mask_255.255.255.0
Default gateway_192.168.1.1
Prefered DNS Server_192.168.1.1
I don't know what they all mean but I just followed the guide anyway. Apparently this gives me a static IP.
I then checked my IP online and it is...
Next came port forwarding. I have a BT Voyager 2091 wireless router so I tried to follow the guides I found to forward port 80.
The problem is I still cant see my site from the outside. From my own pc is no problem. Even using the static DNS host I got from DynDNS. But elsewhere all I get is page cannot be found.
I'm not sure if I did everthing properly or not. When my router asks for the internal host IP address which one of the above do I use? All the posts just say "enter your IP address". I also chose TCP/UDP from the dropdown list and entered port 80 in all 4 boxes ("external packet port start and end" and "forward to internal host port start and end").
Have I done everthing right there?
Any help would greatly relieve my frustration and help me out loads
Cheers all
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Moxxnixx
-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skeeta wrote:
When my router asks for the internal host IP address which one of the above do I use?

Also, make sure your firewall is allowing Abyss to connect to the internet.

If you still can't connect, it's possible your ISP blocks port 80. Test another
port number. (ex. 8000 or 8080)

Be sure to read the FAQs. It might answer some questions.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
skeeta
-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a pic of my router forwarding setup. I changed the port to 1051 on the router and in console. Turned off Zonealarm and the windows firewall isn't running anyway.
Just tried accessing the site via a proxy service and all I got was "Error retrieving file".
Does this help at all?
Someone else can try if you like. Theres nothing on there at the mo except a few old torrent files
Goto www.skeeta.podzone.org
skeeta
-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dammit I cant even access it internally now. I keep getting page cannot be displayed. WTH is going on? The server is running according to console.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: