Web server for ASP.NET with database

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hedonist
-

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:29 am    Post subject: Web server for ASP.NET with database Reply with quote

Does anyone know of a book or online tutorial that explains the setup of an intralink server for ASP.NET database pages?

I'm learning ASP.NET to set up a simple database on our company network. One of the books I'm using came with software for testing the pages, which I have used to get things running correctly.

I'm now trying to test this on a home peer-to-peer network running XP Home, and using Abyss and SQL Server Express on one of the machines. The non-database pages load fine, but when loading one that connects to the database I either receive an error or the datagrid doesn't load, as if it doesn't know how to find the database. I'm looking for a resource to help me set this up properly.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Web server for ASP.NET with database Reply with quote

Hedonist,

The connection parameters to an SQL Express server are different from those of other types of database servers. So you need to update your CONNECTION PARAMETERS in your call(s) to:
Code:
new SqlConnection("CONNECTION PARAMETERS");

Yami King
-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.asp.net
here you'll find loads of tutorials
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Databases All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: