MRWISEONE - Well here we are again but with content.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Aprelium Forum Index -> Powered by Abyss
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom Chapman
-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: MRWISEONE - Well here we are again but with content. Reply with quote

I would like the Aprelium community to yet again asses my website. There is but one difference.. I HAVE CONTENT! Yes I have the most content my site ever has and it's accompanied by a decent website template.

Please take the time to visit and possibly comment on my site. For those with they're websites and that are interested, there is a site referral system awaiting you,

Thank you so much, Tom (MRWISEONE.. of cause)

Site URL: http://www.mrwiseone.com/
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame your site doesnt actually fit on my screen. Also I noticed you copied some of the things I did on my site, just as you have done in most of your sites.
Tom Chapman
-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Care for some clarification?

If you intend to use 'My Network Setup' as an excuse, I'm not sure if it even compares to yours on the same scale...

Last edited by Tom Chapman on Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
olly86
-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a very good design, the only thing that seems wrong to me, is telling your users that the site works best with Win XP.

AbyssUnderground wrote:
Shame your site doesnt actually fit on my screen.

It fits on mine but that could be the new addition of a 19" widescreen :D
-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard not use one of Microsoft's logos everywhere when your role model is Bill Gates. In any case, what is wrong with saying such a thing anyway?
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If you intend to use 'My Network Setup' as an excuse, I'm not sure if it even compares yo yours on the same scale...

For a start, Ive had that diagram since I started AbyssUnderground, a fair time before you started your sites. Also, I have put links to CPUz information on my site a few months ago, and you now seem to have copied as well. You realise that copying is a criminal offence? You may think Im being petty, but if you knew the implications of copying a site, you may re-think what you are doing. For example you could cause actual finantial loss to a company (although that would not happen to me) through copying. Copyright is there for a reason. Don't forget it.
Tom Chapman
-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AbyssUnderground wrote:
Quote:
If you intend to use 'My Network Setup' as an excuse, I'm not sure if it even compares yo yours on the same scale...

For a start, Ive had that diagram since I started AbyssUnderground, a fair time before you started your sites. Also, I have put links to CPUz information on my site a few months ago, and you now seem to have copied as well. You realise that copying is a criminal offence? You may think Im being petty, but if you knew the implications of copying a site, you may re-think what you are doing. For example you could cause actual finantial loss to a company (although that would not happen to me) through copying. Copyright is there for a reason. Don't forget it.

Very well, what do you wish me to do?
168pin
-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrWiseOne wrote:
Very well, what do you wish me to do?

Nothing, there's no law that says you're not allowed to link to stuff just because someone else did.. :?

I think everyone needs to stfu and give this guy a chance. However, your site hurts my eyes.
-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AbyssUnderground wrote:

Ok, lets get this straight, has mrwiseone (tom) copied any of your site word-for-word?

no.

but he has copied some of your ideas

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=intitle%3A%22cpu-z+report%22&btnG=Search&meta=
Your site is the first result returned, but there are other sites with cpu-z report pages about their computers, have they copied you? or have you copied them?

and the network diagram page?
ever come across this site? http://www.ratemynetworkdiagram.com/index.php?z=1
if you refresh the page the diagram will change
my favourites are the ones with wireless links between neighbouring houses

The grey area in copyright is ideas.
the words witten in the book are copyrighted, but is the idea behind the book also copyrighted?

Roganty
| Links-Links.co.uk
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Moxxnixx
-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrWiseOne, I don't see any copyright violations. Getting inspiration from another website is
NOT a crime...as long as you're not blatantly stealing images and/or large portions of text.

But, anyway...

If you must, take a look at the "thousands" of other network diagrams to get your own idea...
http://images.google.com/images?svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&q=network+diagram&btnG=Search
or the link roganty provided above. We don't want to see somebody throw a tantrum.
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its the fact hes copied the ideas that bothers me and its the fact that he does it all the time.

He did it to me, he did it to abyssisthebest (an even copied his content in the past) and Im sure he has done it to others as well.

Ever since he started with Abyss I have noticed a certain "hint" in his websites that some how points to mine.
richardyork
-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moxxnixx wrote:
Getting inspiration from another website is NOT a crime...as long as you're not blatantly stealing images and/or large portions of text.

MrWiseOne:
Did you write the original WMP 11 Review? The one on the "My Works" page.....?

I'm just wondering as I've seen that review somewhere before, hmm....... written by CNET

No offense intended, I'm just making a point :-)
Maybe you should tinker with it a little or maybe even write your own review!
;-)
-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My point is proven.

Also, he has some personal hatred towards me (but then we knew that anyway).

Quote:
Abyssunderground.co.uk Almost Always AWS Downloads, tutorials, help and support

A friendly community next to Aprelium.coms'

Rating: 8/10

Almost Always available? I think youll find its probably available more than some of the other sites youve listed. TRUSTAbyss for example had 3 days of downtime last week. And how often is your site online? Not very.

And 8/10? Im not even going to say anything.

Anyhow, im sick of arguing. Every time MrWiseOne posts something it turns into a flame war. My first post was merely pointing out he is breaking copyright laws. This was proven by richardyork.
Moxxnixx
-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AbyssUnderground wrote:
My point is proven.
No, it was proven that he's guilty of plagiarizing someone else's work...not yours.
Plagiarism isn't necessarily the same as copyright infringement, which you accuse him of.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plagiarism

AbyssUnderground wrote:
Also, he has some personal hatred towards me (but then we knew that anyway).

Quote:
Abyssunderground.co.uk Almost Always AWS Downloads, tutorials, help and support

A friendly community next to Aprelium.coms'

Rating: 8/10

Almost Always available? I think youll find its probably available more than some of the other sites youve listed. TRUSTAbyss for example had 3 days of downtime last week. And how often is your site online? Not very.

And 8/10? Im not even going to say anything.
Him giving you a decent review for your site doesn't sound like a "personal hatred" to me. And, actually,
I'd only give your site a 7/10. It isn't THAT great. So, you need to lose that chip on your shoulder. But,
that doesn't really have anything to do with the OT, does it?

AbyssUnderground wrote:
Anyhow, im sick of arguing. Every time MrWiseOne posts something it turns into a flame war.
Sick of arguing? Then, don't reply...or is it impossible for you to show that you're more mature than him?
I guess not.

AbyssUnderground wrote:
My first post was merely pointing out he is breaking copyright laws. This was proven by richardyork.
No, your first post was accusing him of stealing your ideas, which falls under the classification of "intellectual property",
not copyright laws. I think you need to do a little more research on what copyright infringement is. Again, richardyork's
proof had absolutely nothing to do with your original accusation of violating your "copyrights".

Get your story straight!!!
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sick of arguing? Then, don't reply...or is it impossible for you to show that you're more mature than him?
I guess not.

If you were more mature, you would ignore this topic and leave myself and MrWiseOne to argue it out ourselves.

Im not willing to argue any further as this will only turn into a flame war.

Copyright broken? Maybe, maybe not.
Ideas stolen? Maybe, maybe not.

Good-day.
Moxxnixx
-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AbyssUnderground wrote:
If you were more mature, you would ignore this topic and leave myself and MrWiseOne to argue it out ourselves.

I'm sorry. I didn't realize this thread was invitation-only.
If YOU don't like it, use the PM system to "argue it out".
Keep it off the forum!!!
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm sorry. I didn't realize this thread was invitation-only.

I never said it was. Im saying if you were mature enough you would ignore it.

Have you noticed MrWiseOne hasnt replied? He is mature enough to ignore this topic now, and Im going to do the same (despite it being between the two of us).
Moxxnixx
-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody wants to play anymore....waaaaah!!!!

No problem. Just remember...It's not just between the two of you when it's posted on an open forum for everyone to read.
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
No problem. Just remember...It's not just between the two of you when post it on an open forum for everyone to read.

I agree, but taken from the original argument, he is breaking copyright laws, whether from my site or not. This time its from CNET.

Just to make it clear for future posts, I made my first remark simply because I do not like people stealing my ideas (I could probably copyright the idea if I liked!? Maybe?) (and in a way copying my diagram and the idea of putting cpuz info could be a copyright breech, but nevermind about that now).

This is my last say in this topic.
Tim1681
-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*removed* :D

Back to top View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
richardyork
-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I didn't intend to start a flame war or anything!!

Moxxnixx, you seem pretty inteligent and your argumants are quite valid!

I was/am simply pointing out that MrWiseOne needs to book his ideas up and create some original content!

AbyssUnderground (The Inquisitor), you are also a very intelligent person from personal experience etc so I think it best for us all to leave this topic alone ;-) before it does turn into one big flame.....

Regards,

Richard York
-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't like those who are in the forum, simply ignore them no matter what
they say to you.

Aprelium will deal with them if they have to.
roganty
-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AbyssUnderground wrote:
Have you noticed MrWiseOne hasnt replied? He is mature enough to ignore this topic now, and Im going to do the same (despite it being between the two of us).

Just thought id add my pennies worth again

mrwiseone lives in australia, which is 10 hours ahead of us living in the uk (abyssunderground, olly86, richardyork, to name but a few) which is why he hasn't replied as he is tucked up in bed like a good little boy.

Roganty
| Links-Links.co.uk
Tom Chapman
-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ORIGINAL POST:
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

WTFWTFWTF

Sweet mother of Mary!

I knew I should put a place holder after Andy's post dam it...

These are the sought topics I don't reply and very this very reason I'm not going to.

Andy, we'll obviously have to sought out our problems on MSN, I recieved your message just previously to typing this post,

Thanks to most of you Tom.

EDIT ONE:
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Ok I've just read the whole topic as it is so prepare for no spelling and grammar checks what so ever yes that also means no puncuation!

Okie Dokie, first off MoxxNixx your name is to hard to spell and your the only that has really annoyed anyone on this topic from what I can see. I love my topics! They bring everyone together as a family don't they! Yes that was a useless point...

Come to think of it, Andy has no reason to complain and a acuse me as a person but as a friend he has every right! YES AS A FRIEND! I COUNT HIM AS A FRIEND! And so I'm willing to work with him to make neutral adjustments to my site where ever he feels uncomfortable about it as long of cause I also see fitting.

I think thats it and I do say: THAT IS ONE HELL OF A FRIGGING POST if I do say so my self!

Untill then have a good day everyone!

PS: Very funny RogAnty lol - My Mum says I'm only cute when I'm a sleep.. Remind anyone one of there own mothers?
loloyd
-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Applauds go out to Moxxnixx, richardyork, MrWiseOne and AbyssUnderground (erstwhile The Inquisitor) for making my Aprelium forums day. I just had to say something because I can't help it. And I just wanted to see my name in here too. I see that you're having a wildfire party - if you tend to view "flames" that way.

College Wild Parties DVD now available. Not for MrWiseOne who is presently under-aged.

http://home.loloyd.com/ is online if the logo graphic at left is showing.
Moxxnixx
-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

loloyd, glad we made your day.

Now, back to the "wiseone"...
MrWiseOne wrote:
Ok I've just read the whole topic as it is so prepare for no spelling and grammar checks what so ever yes that also means no puncuation!

Okie Dokie, first off MoxxNixx your name is to hard to spell and your the only that has really annoyed anyone on this topic from what I can see. I love my topics! They bring everyone together as a family don't they! Yes that was a useless point...
I guess you can't read too well or you would have noticed my attempt at defending you in
my first post. A mistake I won't be quick to make again. BTW, a quick copy/paste will surely
cure your inability to spell my name. Also, do you think I care if anyone is annoyed at my
clarifications? I assure you, I don't lose any sleep at night.

MrWiseOne wrote:
Come to think of it, Andy has no reason to complain and a acuse me as a person but as a friend he has every right! YES AS A FRIEND! I COUNT HIM AS A FRIEND! And so I'm willing to work with him to make neutral adjustments to my site where ever he feels uncomfortable about it as long of cause I also see fitting.
A friend??? You're friends with someone that thinks you have a "personal hatred" towards him???
If that's a friend, I'd hate to see what you consider an enemy. Yep...he's a good friend, indeed.

You know, I had full intentions of giving you a good review of your site because you have shown
much improvement since you joined this forum......

...but you just had to make that last edit, didn't you?
Tom Chapman
-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your bloody worse that Moxxnixx and Andy combined! Keep the friggy out of my topics! BTW Your log file reader sucks, it keeps crashing when I try to open my Access.log (2.9 MB). Imagine trying to open my Fast CGI Log! (300 MB).
loloyd
-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrWiseOne wrote:
Your bloody worse that Moxxnixx and Andy combined! Keep the friggy out of my topics! BTW Your log file reader sucks, it keeps crashing when I try to open my Access.log (2.9 MB). Imagine trying to open my Fast CGI Log! (300 MB).

If you're talking about me and my log file reader, I'm presently improving it to accomodate Tail-like functionality and more meaningful RegEx support. It doesn't actually crash - when it feels like it freezes, it is actually "working"... after a few moments you can actually see your result.

As for me being worse than Moxxnixx and Andy, thanks for the compliment! But I have to ask - why do you keep "defending Andy" when he's actually been "putting remarks against you and your works/attitude" if I may say so gently. In fact, Moxxnixx doesn't annoy me. What he says here actually makes more sense.

You'll be 18 soon enough. Heck, it seems like only yesterday when I greeted my first-born daughter a standard "Hello, world!". Now, I've got three rambunctious kids from the same wife!

http://home.loloyd.com/ is online if the logo graphic at left is showing.
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now do you see why we argue? He argues with everyone, not just me.
olly86
-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AbyssUnderground wrote:
Now do you see why we argue? He argues with everyone, not just me.

But just remember this: it takes two too argue, so you are as guilty as he as, don't try placing the entire blame on someone else's shoulders, you're as equally bad. If not more so for continuing with the petty argument.
-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abyssunderground, i see no indication that you copyrighted your site. If you don't want people stealing your stuff, put a creative commons liecense on there or just add a small piece of code called "&Copy; Abyssunderground.co.uk" at the end o f your html page. Like Mr.wiseone I am underage, We can't keep our servers on all the time. As far as content, when i first stared making my site i used google's main page for a template, i did it to learn .html. This is proably why mr.wisone is using a cpuz script.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phirez wrote:
Abyssunderground, i see no indication that you copyrighted your site. If you don't want people stealing your stuff, put a creative commons liecense on there or just add a small piece of code called "&Copy; Abyssunderground.co.uk" at the end o f your html page. Like Mr.wiseone I am underage, We can't keep our servers on all the time. As far as content, when i first stared making my site i used google's main page for a template, i did it to learn .html. This is proably why mr.wisone is using a cpuz script.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Aprelium Forum Index -> Powered by Abyss All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: