Great job with the new version

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Off Topic Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmxflash
-

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject: Great job with the new version Reply with quote

FastCGI rocks. My server is a lot faster, and it seems to be working pretty good. I haven't had any trouble with PHP yet, at least.

Anyway, in the "new features", I saw something named 'Custom HTTP headers'. What does it do? I can't find it in the console.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Great job with the new version Reply with quote

cmxflash wrote:
FastCGI rocks. My server is a lot faster, and it seems to be working pretty good. I haven't had any trouble with PHP yet, at least.

Anyway, in the "new features", I saw something named 'Custom HTTP headers'. What does it do? I can't find it in the console.

Thank you for your postive feedback about this new release.

The custom HTTP headers are in Console > Hosts - Configure > General > Advanced Parameters.

You can use them to add custom HTTP headers to some responses. There have several possible uses:

* Example one: you want to disable any caching for all your *.jpg files so that browsers always ask your server for them when needed: Add a Custom HTTP header which virtual path is /*.jpg, header name is Cache-Control and header value is no-cache .

* Example two: you have a large file /pages/large.html that you want to precompress and serve as Gzip compressed HTTP streams. Compress the file using Gzip, and rename large.html.gz to large.html (it's not actually a HTML file, but a compressed HTML file and here's the trick). Now add a new custom header such as:
- Virtual Path = /pages/large.html
- Header Name = Content-Encoding
- Header Value = gzip
TRUSTAbyss
-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's something cool you can do also.

- Virtual Path = /images/file.jpg
- Header Name = Content-Type
- Header Value = application/force-download

This will prompt you to download the JPEG instead of showing it on the browser,
which can also be useful for promping other files to be downloaded.

Last edited by TRUSTAbyss on Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
pkSML
-

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:31 am    Post subject: Variables in custom headers? Reply with quote

Hi Aprelium.

I was wondering if variables could be inserted into the custom headers, such as date and time variables or environmental variables.

http://CodeBin.yi.org
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Variables in custom headers? Reply with quote

pkSML,

This is not yet possible but we'll add this feature in the next version (we're already working on it).
cmxflash
-

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Variables in custom headers? Reply with quote

pkSML wrote:
Hi Aprelium.

I was wondering if variables could be inserted into the custom headers, such as date and time variables or environmental variables.

That can already be done by using the header()-function in PHP.

Code:
<?php
header("server: " . time());
?>

Eh, not so useful. Just an example.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
pkSML
-

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the information, cmxflash.

I'm actually considering switching my site over to PHP if I can set up a dedicated server computer on my network. Hope, hope...!

http://CodeBin.yi.org
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Off Topic Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: