Listening Error - Windows 10

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dancingbear
-

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:18 pm    Post subject: Listening Error - Windows 10 Reply with quote

So my webserver has been happly running Abyss X2 under Windows 10. No issues until Saturday night. Sometime over Sat/Sun night Abyss decided to have a listening error on port 80. I can still log-on through the Admin port.
I downloaded the port monitor software mentioned in another thread and this did not appear to show anything else listening to port 80.
Has anyone got any ideas? I don't think any MS updates occured that night, but with MS you can never be sure :(

Windows 10 (64-bit), Abyss X2 (latest version), 3 HTML only websites.

Thanks Simon
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
dancingbear
-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like it is an MS update. The latest updates appear to have switched a IIS feature on. IIS doesn't appear in the services, but if you manage to find Control Panel and then Add/Remove Windows features then a small section of IIS is enabled. Disable this and restart Abyss and all starts again.
Don't we just love MS :(
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: