The last 3-4 times I tried MySQL...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yushatak
-

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: The last 3-4 times I tried MySQL... Reply with quote

I have tried to get MySQL running quite a few times recently, and every time it gets installed fine, I go into the command line and configure it, it's all working. Then I go to install something that utilizes it, and it always says access denied, request denied, and other things to that effect, depending on the PHP scripts that I use. Any idea what's up? (I have tried MySQL 4&5, and PHP 4&5).
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly, dont use command line. Thats liable to cause problems from the start. Follow the tutorials on my website to get you up and running. www.abyssunderground.co.uk .
MonkeyNation
-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Inquisitor wrote:
Firstly, dont use command line. Thats liable to cause problems from the start. Follow the tutorials on my website to get you up and running. www.abyssunderground.co.uk .

I'm sorry, did you just suggest that the official MySQL tools, created by the SAME people as the server software don't work?
Come now, even you don't believe that.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im saying everyone who seems to use command line has problems. If you use the GUI tools its easier. The tutorials I created are there to make it easier for people. Even I would never dream of using the command line for MySQL.
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: The last 3-4 times I tried MySQL... Reply with quote

Yushatak,

PHP 5 and MySQL 5 will work fine together. Have you tried installing PhpMyAdmin? Does it give you errors?
MonkeyNation
-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Inquisitor wrote:
Im saying everyone who seems to use command line has problems. If you use the GUI tools its easier. The tutorials I created are there to make it easier for people. Even I would never dream of using the command line for MySQL.

So basically what you were trying to say was that using the command line utilities incorrectly could cause problems?
I see exactly how that makes the tools faulty then.

Also Yushatak: Any combination of PHP(4/5) and MySQL(4/5) will work together. But some combinations are easier to configure than others.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: