XSSI errors from directives inserted by Expression Web 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BobN
-

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:14 am    Post subject: XSSI errors from directives inserted by Expression Web 4 Reply with quote

I found a bug report which covers the problem, exactly, but since there are not replies since it was posted in 2008, I decided to start here.

http://www.aprelium.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17159

Expression Web is an MS product for authoring web sites. Version 4 is now available free of charge http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36179

It is actually a rather good tool. To make the most of it you need what is perhaps a bit above4 average knowledge of CSS and HTML. But for me, that is a plus. It lets me get as down and dirty as I like.

Okay - it allows you to create a Dynamic Web Template to base other pages on. You select the areas tha you want editable and it inserts directives like this:

<!-- #BeginTemplate "template.dwt" -->
<!-- #BeginEditable "doctitle" -->
<!-- #EndEditable -->

When I load the page with Abyss, I get XSSI error messages, such as:

[XSSI Error in directive BeginTemplate in line 3: Unknown directive]

[XSSI Error in directive BeginEditable in line 13: Unknown directive]

[XSSI Error in directive EndEditable in line 15: Unknown directive]

I loaded the page to a test directory on one of my web sites and the errors do not occur when it is loaded.

Is there some way I can get Abyss to ignore these as is happening on my hosting server - don't know what they are running, it is mydomain.com

Bob
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: