33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
It didn't work
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:03 pm    Post subject: Adding A Favourite Icon to your website link Reply with quote

After noticing a post about firefox looking for a file called favicon.ico every time you refresh a page, I decided to write this tutorial so people would know how to put the favourite icon on their page when someone saves the link in their bookmarks or favourites list.

First you need to make a file called "favicon.ico". I think you can do it in paint.

Make it 16 x 16 pixels in size and save it as a 16 color bitmap file.

Rename the file to favicon.ico and put it into the root of your server, (By root I mean htdocs or your specified folder)

Thats it!

Save your website into your bookmarks or favourites list and the icon should appear.

At the moment I am using the one from the Abyss console folder, it works nicely!
mcwilliams132
-

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Adding A Favourite Icon to your website link Reply with quote

The Inquisitor wrote:
After noticing a post about firefox looking for a file called favicon.ico every time you refresh a page, I decided to write this tutorial so people would know how to put the favourite icon on their page when someone saves the link in their bookmarks or favourites list.

First you need to make a file called "favicon.ico". I think you can do it in paint.

Make it 16 x 16 pixels in size and save it as a 16 color bitmap file.

Rename the file to favicon.ico and put it into the root of your server, (By root I mean htdocs or your specified folder)

Thats it!

Save your website into your bookmarks or favourites list and the icon should appear.

At the moment I am using the one from the Abyss console folder, it works nicely!

To be helpful to all browsers you may want to create a link to the favorite icon in the <head> section of your document such as:

<link href="http://www.yourwebsite.com/images/shortcut_icon.ico" rel="Shortcut Icon" />
:: "Lobster sticks to magnet!"
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, sorry, forgot to mention that!
atariman
New User

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a site that will let you upload your image, and turn the image into a favicon.ico file for you!

http://www.chami.com/html-kit/services/favicon/

- Atariman -
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Tutorials All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: