Phpbb forums

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Off Topic Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ozzy214
-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: Phpbb forums Reply with quote

Maybe someone can answer this cause support over at phpbb is ridiculousy fuuny and bs. Due to some problems I had to move my forum to a new domain name. Same exact abyss server and all....just a new name. No matter what I do I cant get it to login in right. I used the auto cooki mod to change settigns and it didnt write to the databse. I went into phpmyadmin and change server name and cookie domain and its still pointing to the old domain name. I cant figure out where the heck its calling the old domain from. I cant even login in cause it imeediately bounces back to the olkd name. According to phpmyadmin the name is changed. I tried 3 different broswers to make sure sure it wasnt something else. Opera, mozilla firefox, and ie. I cant find where or why its calling the old name.. And according to the college kids over there there is only two spots in the db for the name. And the cookie mod doesnt update the db either.....
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Tom Chapman
-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you change the domain name in configuration? :) If you need help add me on MSN.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ozzy214
-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did add you on msn, but your offline. If you mean acp I cant even login to get there.
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to get to the admin panel to change the domain name. Log in to the board, you will probably get a 404. Click back and refresh the page. The admin link will appear at the bottom of the page, click it. You can then change the domain name in the configuration settings.

Hope this helps.
ozzy214
-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope didnt work. Even weirder I tried going right to the admin folder

/{phhbb_forum}/admin/ and it cant find it either. It must have something to do with session ids or something....
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ozzy214 wrote:

/{phhbb_forum}/admin/ and it cant find it either. It must have something to do with session ids or something....

Your best bet is to reinstall the forum I think.
Moxxnixx
-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use phpmyadmin and make changes in phpbb_config table.
That's easier than reinstalling.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ozzy214
-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If yeah have read...i did make changes in phpmyadmin and also by cmd line and same damn thing. Must be a mod I installed thats screwing up the works. All well guess I will reinstall. They came out with a new one, so probally would have to reinstall with all the mods I got....
Tom Chapman
-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ozzy214 wrote:

I've had this problem before and I did what AbyssUndergorund.co.uk said to you and it's worked numerous times..

PS. Trying adding me again..
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most mods just put un-nessesary load on the server. My friend Dan had 30 mods and it was taking about 7 seconds to process all the mysql requests just to load a single page. Bear in mind that this was on a 3.4GHz machine with 1gb RAM, and purely used as a server so all the cpu/ram was dedicated to that request.

Without all the mods, it was pretty much instant.
ozzy214
-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i only have a few. Necassary items. Like gender and b-day. Cached sql queries by cyber alien. Mine takes at the most 9 queries and loads in less than a sec. Im just reinstalling. I just put the brand new .20 update they had. Transferred all the data from the old to the new. Now Im just working on reinstalling the mods and Im good. The most queries I seen is 67 eith defenders arcade mod. And this is all running on my amd 800. It all depends on what mods you have and if you installed them right. But there must be a mod I installed thats interfering with the domain name change. Will soon find out....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Off Topic Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: