Wordpress Slow to Respond

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lawrence
-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:37 am    Post subject: Wordpress Slow to Respond Reply with quote

I'm running Wordpress (the latest) on Abyss X2, and I've got a problem with initial page response. Even requesting a page on the local server the response time is 1.2s before -anything- comes out. Once the page delivery starts everything else is instant.

Even from a remote client (different continents) the initial request is 1.4s and the page delivery after that is very fast.

It's not Abyss - the response for a static page is less than 200ms (6x faster). So Wordpress, or its foundation of PHP and MySQL, is taking a second and a half on average to even respond to a request.

What can I do to track down the issue? How can I find the bottleneck?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Axis
-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Lawrence--

WordPress is just like that, as are many script and database CMS's.

The only solution is to use a caching add-on for WordPress. I have one WordPress site that uses a WordPress add-on called "Lite Cache", though the most popular one is WP Total Cache (I never like that one.)

That's the problem and those are the solutions.

Regards,
Axis
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Lawrence
-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I'll look into that.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Lawrence
-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE: hyper cache (the current sequel to lite cache) doesn't have any effect, even on a non-logged-in no-cookies user.
Axis
-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again Lawrence--

That is why I use Lite-Cache. It works. I tried several other caching programs, but Lite-Cache works best, making a html copy of every page on your site. I know they are trying to steer people over to Hyper-Cache, but that one will cache 404's, thereby making the Abyss anti-hack features useless.

The caveat here is that one must first get everything cached once Lite-Cache is installed. I run several search engines so whenever I need to re-cache everything I run the search engine through the command line and it does majority of the caching for me. I only have to go through those areas that my robots.txt has a deny for.

The other caveat is one can't use "preview" before posting or it will cache the post with all the admin stuff on it.

It works for me...

Regards,
Axis
edwardmuphy
-

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing the nice information about slow response with using wordpress. I am also facing the same issue. Anyways, your post is really helpful for me in this regard.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: