how do you host files using abyss, for server emulation?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
unconditional
-

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:30 am    Post subject: how do you host files using abyss, for server emulation? Reply with quote

As the titles says; i want to hosts files of a current game [Maplestory] so that when it updates [GameGuard; Prev 641 - it will update to Prev 642 or higher]im still able to use the things before the update [I want to emulate Prev 641]. I tried hosting the files using Abyss Web Server, but how do i know if its 'loading' from Abyss? Sorry if this is not allowed im new here. Hope i can get some help.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
MonkeyNation
-

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not got a clue what you're asking, can you try to explain better?

But incase it helps, Abyss doesn't "emulate" anything, it IS a server.
Also you'll know if files are "loading from Abyss" if you type in the address of the server running it, won't you?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry im new to all this, what i mean is load the old gameguard files from my com using abyss so even if theres a patch im still using the old files. Hope this is clearer.
MonkeyNation
-

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need to apologize, I just don't understand you.

I'm going to assume "your com" is your computer, and that gameguard is some web application.
If so, do you mean host an older version? Create a backup of an older verion?
I really don't see what abyss has to do with saving some files.

I really don't see what you're asking.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah because i have to hosts the older files to use it, but im stuck at how to 'connect' and let program 'load' the older files. Really sorry for all the shortcuts and stuff.
MonkeyNation
-

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unconditional wrote:
Yeah because i have to hosts the older files to use it, but im stuck at how to 'connect' and let program 'load' the older files. Really sorry for all the shortcuts and stuff.

I think this is what you want to know. (But am not sure.)

Think of Abyss as a way to access a folder online, like when you view a folder over the network, except you use a web browser, and it can preview certain files. But the concept is roughly the same.
All you have to do is put the files in C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs (Unless changed) and they'll appear in http://domain/address/ from the web.
Go and read the FAQ.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: