Hey please help me a little

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jwymon
-

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:52 am    Post subject: Hey please help me a little Reply with quote

Hi, i'm very new to web server hosting...obviously. I'm on the verge of being frustrated, and I know it's my fault. I'm just looking for a little push in the right direction regarding the IP adress situation. I can access my site via the 127.0.0.1 address, but i was unsure about how to access it via computers outside the network, because when i give my friends the external IP they say it does not work, and i can't access the site via the external IP (i don't know if that should be possible on the server anyway). I have a router, and don't understand what i need to do in that area, as it has little documentation. Well anything will be appreciated, thanks in advance.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Anonymoose
-

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.aprelium.com/abyssws/faq.html#A1-2

http://www.aprelium.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3806

"Invent an idiot proof webserver and they'll invent a better idiot..."
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
umaycute
-

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so does it work now?
-

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replying to a post over 2 months old where the original author has only ever made 1 post and never returned is pretty pointless, not to mention making you look even more stupid than posting a million threads asking the same question did.

umaycute
-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. Sorry. BTW, thanks for the link. Here's a funny part of it.

"Sometimes people will attack you personally, flame without an apparent reason, etc., even if you don't screw up (or have only screwed up in their imagination). In this case, complaining is the way to really screw up."

"These FLAMERS are either LAMERS who don't have a clue but believe themselves to be EXPERTS, OR would-be psychologists testing whether you'll screw up."

I doubt the second.

Smile and the world will smile to you. ; )

Last edited by umaycute on Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tom Chapman
-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooohoooohooo!!!!! SNAP!!! LOL

I take it this is not off topic... oh well ;-)
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Anonymoose
-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

umaycute wrote:

"Sometimes people will attack you personally, flame without an apparent reason, etc., even if you don't screw up (or have only screwed up in their imagination). In this case, complaining is the way to really screw up."

So of course, if you do screw up, it would be perfectly reasonable to tell you why you screwed up so you don't do it again. Say for example digging up a 2 month old topic to ask a stupid question...

umaycute
-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Anonymoose"]
umaycute wrote:

Yah, I didn't said I DIDN'T screw up. I said I'm sorry. BTW, it said even not if.

Meaning "Sometimes people will attack you personally, flame without an apparent reason, etc. [EVEN IF YOU SCREW UP OR NOT]"

And these FLAMERS are either LAMERS who claim to be EXPERTS OR, again, OR, wait, again OR, [not AND] would-be psychologist who want to see if you'll screw up or not.

Again, I doubt the second.

Smile. ; )
-

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you chose to skip past or ignore the initial section of the FAQ you keep quoting from...

Quote:

Community standards do not maintain themselves: They're maintained by people actively applying them, visibly, in public. Don't whine that all criticism should have been conveyed via private e-mail: That's not how it works.

If you're trying to call me a lamer pretending to be an expert, I guess I'll have to take option B and turn out to be psychologist.

You missed the possibility that I, like several other members here, might have put a lot of time and effort into helping people in this community and be sick to the back teeth of the same questions being asked over and over again by people who are either too simple or too lazy to search for an answer, people who ignore forum etiquette, double post, spam and generally make it feel like a total waste of effort being here.

umaycute
-

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey smile! Life's great! ; )
-

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymoose wrote:
Since you chose to skip past or ignore the initial section of the FAQ you keep quoting from...

Quote:

Community standards do not maintain themselves: They're maintained by people actively applying them, visibly, in public. Don't whine that all criticism should have been conveyed via private e-mail: That's not how it works.

If you're trying to call me a lamer pretending to be an expert, I guess I'll have to take option B and turn out to be psychologist.

You missed the possibility that I, like several other members here, might have put a lot of time and effort into helping people in this community and be sick to the back teeth of the same questions being asked over and over again by people who are either too simple or too lazy to search for an answer, people who ignore forum etiquette, double post, spam and generally make it feel like a total waste of effort being here.

*Claps loudly and cheers you on, in a continual fight against n00bs. N00BS MUST DIE lollollollol!!!!1111111oneoneone :D
p3
-

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

umaycute wrote:
Hey smile! Life's great! ; )

Not if you're fed up with the same questions being asked over and over again.

It's 10 times as worse over at the phpBB forums, another forum I frequent.
umaycute
-

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Error 666

Lamers Found

Yah, I'm a noob, so what?

Hey, you're supposed to answer "Yah I'm a LAMER, pretending to be an EXPERT, so what?"

; )
-

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

F***ing stop! even my dam mini-flames dont go for this long what your arguing about is just redicoulous! :-(
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrWiseOne wrote:
F***ing stop! even my dam mini-flames dont go for this long what your arguing about is just redicoulous! :-(

I agree with MrWiseOne (for once). Im sick of it as well. We just wont reply to ANY of your topics and will ignore your posts. Sounds like a simple solution.
Tom Chapman
-

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Inquisitor wrote:
MrWiseOne wrote:

I agree with MrWiseOne (for once). Im sick of it as well. We just wont reply to ANY of your topics and will ignore your posts. Sounds like a simple solution.

Thanks for agreeing. :-)
p3
-

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Inquisitor wrote:
MrWiseOne wrote:

I also agree with Andy, as well as MrWiseOne (Do all of us have the flu or something and are on drugs or what?), we can just ignore posts.

ALL FF USERS, THERE IS A EXTENSION THAT ENABLES YOU TO IGNORE USERS POSTS :D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: