Snitz Forums Issues

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sfogonline
-

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:29 am    Post subject: Snitz Forums Issues Reply with quote

Hello,

I have two web servers running on my machine: Apace and Abyss Web Server. My Apache Server handles all my PHP, Perl, CGI, and related scripting requirements but I have my Abyss Server handle ASP and ASPX. I don't know much about ASP myself but have clients that need it on their site so I have installed it for them. Now, I tried to install a Snitz forum and had ALOT of trouble but final got it running on a MySQL database. I get a Mismatch error on the homepage using VBScript. I am not sure if it is because I have something that I did not install that I need to run the script or if it is a simple ASP issue. I mean I did not change the source cdode from the way I downloaded it so I assume its software-related. My forum link is:

http://meancoasters.com:8080/forums/

If you could help me out with what you think could be messing it up I'd appreciate it!

Nick
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Tom Chapman
-

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd the script or possibly what asp server are you running?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrWiseOne wrote:
I'd the script or possibly what asp server are you running?

He already said he is using Abyss Web Server for his ASP and ASPX. It wont be the script because its a widely used script.

Because Abyss Web Server doesnt support ASP/ASPX 100% yet this could be the problem.
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Snitz Forums Issues Reply with quote

sfogonline,

As far as we know, there is a version of Snitz forums which is included in ActiveHTML package and which seems to work fine. So if ActiveHTML people used it as a demo this means that Snitz can work with ActiveHTML and does not fit in the 1% of incompatible scripts.

The error we see on your page is:

Code:
Microsoft VBScript runtime error- Error '800a000d'

Type mismatch

/forums/default.asp, line 923

Could you please let us know what is exactly in line 923 in default.asp.
Tom Chapman
-

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha right http://www.mrwiseone.com/ahtml/Apps/snitz34/default.asp It must be the way it's been set up perhaps reinstalling would help?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
sfogonline
-

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Set it up about four times. The script is running on a MySQL database which is all the latest version. Besides that everything else is updated. I'll check into the things that came with ActiveHTML. I was never aware there was that forum within the program or I'd of used that. I am just trying to fix all the bugs out with this thing. I really dont want to "try" to install ASP onto Apache, since Apache is so complicated. All the other scripting capabilities took long enough. Thanks again and keep me updated.

Nick
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sfogonline,

Just one thought: ActiveHTML can sometimes have problems processing global.asa files if it is not configured correctly. So you may need to open your ActiveHTML configuration tool and to explicitly add there an alias (or directory mapping) which maps /forums (the virtual path where Snitz is installed) to their actual location on the disk (C:\dir1\dir2\forums for example).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Classic ASP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: