100%
 100%  [ 5 ]
no
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

justin15
-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:56 pm    Post subject: Finding my site. Reply with quote

ok welll i did have it all done before but my post did not come up, anyway when i goto I.E and put in "http://127.0.0.1" it works fine so i try to give my i.p to somebody just a test to see if they can get on my site i tell them "http://my_ip" and they get nothing i have also put "http://my_ip/index.html" and they also get nothing i am using win xp home/pro (its because the dude how did my drive messed it up! i`m not going to be lazy next time and do it myself) SP2 and i have no firewall execpt the one that is on here and thats off!
Back to top View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a router you need to enable port forwarding to the LAN IP of your PC, then you should be able to use your ip.

Your ISP may block port 80. Try a different port.

The IP you are giving out may be cloaked. If its 6x.xx.xx.xx chances are it is cloacked.

Check these things then reply with what you have tried and what you havent and any problems you had doing it.
justin15
-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject: ok... Reply with quote

ok well i`m not a big big newb just some thinks i have never messed with so.... anywayi`m pretty sure i don`t have a router and the other stuff not sure either but thanks for replying and i will find out because i love abyss
MonkeyNation
-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: ok... Reply with quote

justin15 wrote:
ok well i`m not a big big newb just some thinks i have never messed with so.... anywayi`m pretty sure i don`t have a router and the other stuff not sure either but thanks for replying and i will find out because i love abyss

If you don't know what a router is, then you probably don't have one. (Unless you're on a residential gateway or at uni or something.)

The Inquisitor wrote:
If its 6x.xx.xx.xx chances are it is cloacked.

The crap? Where'd you get that idea from?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: ok well Reply with quote

well i did alot to my router lol i think i have one its a werid box with phone like cables and t.v like cables coming from it with lights on the front.?. well i put on a static i.p or whatever not sure ifits goin to help and what are you talking about cloaking the i.p

edit:and i will e-mail my ISP about blocking port 80 or whatever later i guess
MonkeyNation
-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: ok well Reply with quote

justin15 wrote:
well i did alot to my router lol i think i have one its a werid box with phone like cables and t.v like cables coming from it with lights on the front.?. well i put on a static i.p or whatever not sure ifits goin to help and what are you talking about cloaking the i.p

I assume you have cable, then?
A router is just a device to route an ethernet connection between other computers, and can have firewalls and modems built into them. If you are behind one, then it's likely that it's stopping people from outside accessing your server. To confirm this, under windows, goto start -> run -> "cmd" -> "ipconfig /all" -> Tell me what it says for default gateway.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: ok... Reply with quote

MonkeyNation wrote:
justin15 wrote:

If you don't know what a router is, then you probably don't have one. (Unless you're on a residential gateway or at uni or something.)

The Inquisitor wrote:
If its 6x.xx.xx.xx chances are it is cloacked.

The crap? Where'd you get that idea from?

One of my friends told me a few months back and I thought it seemed logical as all cloaked IP's ive seen are 6x.xx.xx.xx
justin15
-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

welll thanks for everyones help also i was talking to my family and she was telling me that i don`t and then i relized its just my modem...
TRUSTAbyss
-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Thank you Reply with quote

justin15 wrote:
welll thanks for everyones help also i was talking to my family and she was telling me that i don`t and then i relized its just my modem...

Hey justin , I helped alot of people with this same problem and thats to
get Abyss Web Server online so that you can share your website to your
friends/family. I would be more than happy to help you. LateR!

My MSN: msn@trustabyss.com
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
SillyNoodlz
-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: ok... Reply with quote

The Inquisitor wrote:
all cloaked IP's ive seen are 6x.xx.xx.xx

What's a " cloaked " ip then?

Sounds a bit Star Trecky to me (Romulan cloking device), lol ...
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
justin15
-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: wow thanks Reply with quote

wow thanks trustpunk i`ll add you!
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: ok... Reply with quote

DanzServ wrote:
The Inquisitor wrote:
all cloaked IP's ive seen are 6x.xx.xx.xx

What's a " cloaked " ip then?

Sounds a bit Star Trecky to me (Romulan cloking device), lol ...

A clocked IP is when you go through a transparent proxy. A lot of ISP's do this. Im not sure why but I know my IP is visible to most people as 6x.xx.xx.xx when its actually 82.9.xx.xx
MonkeyNation
-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: ok... Reply with quote

The Inquisitor wrote:
A clocked IP is when you go through a transparent proxy. A lot of ISP's do this. Im not sure why but I know my IP is visible to most people as 6x.xx.xx.xx when its actually 82.9.xx.xx

6x.xxx.xxx.xxx is a very large range. To assume that anything beginning with 6 is cloaked is unreasonable.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:50 pm    Post subject: Well thank you all Reply with quote

Well thank you all so much, but today at 7:30pm (my time in canada) TRUSTpunk helped me alot!
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: ok... Reply with quote

MonkeyNation wrote:
The Inquisitor wrote:

6x.xxx.xxx.xxx is a very large range. To assume that anything beginning with 6 is cloaked is unreasonable.

I suppose you are right, But am I correct in saying yours begins with a 6? If I remember rightly from a few days ago it was...
MonkeyNation
-

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: ok... Reply with quote

The Inquisitor wrote:
MonkeyNation wrote:
The Inquisitor wrote:

I suppose you are right, But am I correct in saying yours begins with a 6? If I remember rightly from a few days ago it was...

Yeah, and my VDS too. (And this site as well, for that matter.)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh... Never trust your friends!!! They give you false information like that...
justin15
-

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:06 pm    Post subject: 1 more thing Reply with quote

Thanks for all the help, but if i may ask why do you guys think i am such a big newb?
justin15
-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject: HURRY Reply with quote

Ok if you are reading this thank you!
well heres my site
http://24.224.132.162/tut.html
everybody is saying they can`t get on it
i need it to teach my friend just a little bit of basic HTML
so thats what its about i have 1 hour!
SillyNoodlz
-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no need to post that on every topic of the forum ... ;-)
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
justin15
-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: Did you Reply with quote

Ok and did you vote thjat i`m a neb :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: