Running multiple domains on Win 98 with Abyss X2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtbradio
-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:12 pm    Post subject: Running multiple domains on Win 98 with Abyss X2 Reply with quote

I want to be able to run multiple domains (www.somesite.com, www.someothersite.com, www.yetanothersite.com) from a single IP and one machine. I have Windows 98SE installed, running AbyssX2, listening on port 80. I've gone through the process of declaring a new domain, and configured the directories which are to be served up for each domain. I've also made sure the default domain that is set up on a new X2 install was changed to reflect one of the domains I want to serve up. Is there anything else I need to know about with regards to Windows 98 and trying to run a virtual host, or have I missed anything? I am NOT getting the results I want. I get erros indicating that X2 is not resolving the individual hosts, and is simply generating "not Found" errors. I ahve double-checked my directory and path declarations.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
dtbradio
-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:47 am    Post subject: Never Mind, I figured it out Reply with quote

I figured out what happened. I somehow entered a goofy port number when I set up the domains. once I changed it to the correct number, I was in good shape.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
MonkeyNation
-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, nothing else you should know.
(Didn't realize you had a problem, thought you were just enquiring.)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: