Problem with PhP

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mickey
-

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 8:19 pm    Post subject: Problem with PhP Reply with quote

Can anyone help please,

My server has suddenly stopped showing php pages. pages that were showing fine before are now just showing the code in the browser. (HTML pages are still showing up fine though.)

I recently installed a firewall on my computer and now have to turn this off when using the server otherwise it doesn't work at all. Do you think that this may still be the problem, and if so do you have any advice about what I can do to sort it out?

Thanks
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
vbgunz
-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 4:03 am    Post subject: stopped working, php, reset Reply with quote

My only advice is to go into Abyss and find out quickly if Abyss has reset itself... This was a problem addressed by the new beta... To find out if it has reset go and check your php setup within the Abyss console...

Don't fret if it did, your pages and works should still be OK... Just go about setting it back up and try one or both of what I am about to say...

Backup your Abyss.conf file located in the Abyss root directory "after" you make the required changes to it... Try the new beta... It is much more stable and is getting some good reports on overall improvements...

Hey tried this? Tell us, solved it? We'd love to know... Let us know whats the status ;)
mickey
-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice, Abyss had reset itself, there was no reference to the php extensions which I have now set back up, but unfortunately this hasn't made any difference the pages are still showing up as code, except for the html pages. Any other ideas before I uninstall :?:
mickey
-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's working fine now...I uninstalled and reinstalled everything again, think that I must have left out something when I reset the php stuff, thanks again.
vbgunz
-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! Nothing better than when it all works :) My advice to you is to copy your Abyss.conf file and back it up somewhere... Usually Hold Ctrl and drag it into the same folder "copy of Abyss.conf"

Abyss had a problem with restting itself but its addressed now in the latest beta is getting some good reports... Any how good luck I am happy you got it working :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: