Installing PHP

View previous topic :: View next topic  
liteon
-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 2:29 am    Post subject: Installing PHP Reply with quote

Hi ,

I am having some trouble installing phpMyAdmin and PHP. I have installed MySQL and it looks to be working fine (green lite and all that) I followed the tutorial on how to install MySQL and thought that was quite easy.

Because I would LOVE to install GEEKLOG I also want to install PHP and phpMyadmin.

I am running Windows XP Home Ed (Boo Hoo) but it seems to work fine. Does anyone know if XP Home has any problems with installing PHP or phpMyadmin? By the way I use port 8080 as my web port.

I follow the instructions to the letter regarding setting up Abyss Server to work with PHP.

What option should I use to install PHP, should I use the .msi file or the zip file?

Basicly what I need to know is do I just follow the instructions on how to install PHP from their web site and then it should by all rights work with Abyss?

I know you have heard it all before but I am new to this and I am able to follow instructions :oops:

Any help would be great!!!

Many thanks :D

-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 3:45 am    Post subject: php, geeklog, xp Reply with quote

I've written the tutorials on XP and geeklog is a fantastic portal application I would suggest you use to make content management flat out easier...

One trick about php that is not quite noticeable is you have to go into its root folder and backup your php-dist and php-recommended files...

Once you back them up convert either one to a php.ini file and save it right in the php root folder...

The tutorial I've written on geeklog was done on XP so follow it to the letter and you're done... Just make sure MySQL is running and you're able to create a database with phpMyAdmin...

Oh one more thing... the php.ini file you created earlier has to have register_globals = on it might be off if you go with the php-recommended file... If you have any problems just let me know ;)

Also if possible vote on the mysql guide and any other guide you might find useful :) Thanks ;)
liteon
-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:lol: I got it set-up :D

PHP
phpMyAdmin
MySQL

Now for Geeklog!

Thanks

-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, I am happy... Just keep in mind the guide might seem long but in actuality is really short... I hope you like Geeklog, it's my favorite CMS :)
liteon
-

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi This is the error I get when I try to install Geeklog
Template Error: set_root: C:/Program Files/Abyss Web Server/scripts/Geeklogcontrol/C:/Program Files/Abyss Web Server/htdocs/geeklog/layout/XSilver/ is not a directory.
Halted
Boo Hoo

Do you know what the problem could be?
:(
Thanks

-

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My only suggestion is to send me your config and lib-common file otherwise I wouldn't know where you went wrong
liteon
-

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would appreciate that a lot

Thanks for your time with this!.

Geeklog looks Great and would love to have it work from My PC at home.

Where should I send the files?

Thanks again

-

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

webserver2003xp % vbgunz.com,

Just remove the user and password within the config file to your database... I do not need that information... I will only look it over and tell you what to change so then you'll be a lil more knowlegable in case on another install your faced with the same problem...

Hurry up my girl is growing agitated :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: