Flame wars/Rude messages
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Off Topic Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
k1ll3rdr4g0n
-

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vahn wrote:
k1ll3rdr4g0n wrote:
TRUSTpunk wrote:
Im done talking about this topic. All I ask is to give Aprelium a healthy forum.
To all forum members reading this. Don't post your opinions on other software.

1st amendment anyone?

Quote:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

I Would Personally Like to say that I am Takeing Neither Side with this Comment.

Last Time I Checked, I'm Prettysure that TRUST is NOT a Part of Congress, Even if he Were He Was Not Acting as a Congress Person When stateing to Not Post Opinions about Other Sofware.

You don't live in the US do you?
Im assuming not.
What I quoted is our first consituational amendment, which is our laws.
That states that there shall be no law (nor federal or state) restricting or forbidding our freedom of speech ie we can say whatever we want whenever we want.
Such as "I think our current president sucks.". That is protected under my first amendment rights, and the president can't throw me in jail or fine me just because i say/believe that.

As for your part about him not being a part of congress, I was using that as a metaphor. Its called reading between the lines, its a skill youll learn in high school.
I was born in a place where I can say whatever I want. Im sticking with that.
Think about this, if you had the freedom to say whatever you want your whole life then all of a sudden someone comes along and says you cant talk about something when he has no right to, wouldn't you be a little pissed off?

Also, TRUSTpunk's statement is the stupidest I've ever read. What if I want to tell someone how good a FTP server is? Or a mail server? Or a new game? Or a new anti-virus? Or...

Offtopic:
Why did you even want to get into this anyways?

The Inquisitor is on the right track. Just need TRUSTpunk to stop with this anti-apache crap and well be all good.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

k1ll3rdr4g0n wrote:
Vahn wrote:
k1ll3rdr4g0n wrote:
TRUSTpunk wrote:
Im done talking about this topic. All I ask is to give Aprelium a healthy forum.
To all forum members reading this. Don't post your opinions on other software.

1st amendment anyone?

Quote:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

I Would Personally Like to say that I am Takeing Neither Side with this Comment.

Last Time I Checked, I'm Prettysure that TRUST is NOT a Part of Congress, Even if he Were He Was Not Acting as a Congress Person When stateing to Not Post Opinions about Other Sofware.

You don't live in the US do you?
Im assuming not.
That states that there shall be no law (nor federal or state) restricting or forbidding our freedom of speech ie we can say whatever we want whenever we want.
Such as "I think our current president sucks.". That is protected under my first amendment rights, and the president can't throw me in jail or fine me just because i say/believe that.

As for your part about him not being a part of congress, I was using that as a metaphor. Its called reading between the lines, its a skill youll learn in high school.
I was born in a place where I can say whatever I want. Im sticking with that.
Think about this, if you had the freedom to say whatever you want your whole life then all of a sudden someone comes along and says you cant talk about something when he has no right to, wouldn't you be a little pissed off?

Also, TRUSTpunk's statement is the stupidest I've ever read. What if I want to tell someone how good a FTP server is? Or a mail server? Or a new game? Or a new anti-virus? Or...

Offtopic:
Why did you even want to get into this anyways?

The Inquisitor is on the right track. Just need TRUSTpunk to stop with this anti-apache crap and well be all good.

The first ammendment guarantees freedom of speech to an extent.

If you want to get into the law and politics, treason is still a felony. A capital crime.

Also, alot of what is known about the 1st Ammendment, and the rest, is completely wrong. Alot of the things have been completly made up or came out of the sky. What it does guarantee is you won't be prosecueted for what you say. Period. Not "I have the right to say it!"... Just that you want be prosecueted for it. And that doesn't even hold true 100% of the time. You need to learn to read the lines between the lines between the lines.

Please, don't turn this into a flame war. I'm just pointing out a few facts.

Killerdragon, please don't take any offense... None meant :D
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
MonkeyNation
-

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arctic wrote:
Vahn wrote:
STONER!?!?!?

I Would Still Like to Note That i am Nutreal for Now.

With that Said, First off, I am Not Stoner... Neither Do i suport Drugs( Hazordus Ones. If Not Prescribed and what not.... ).

Also I am Not sure why people have to cause Problems By Make Such Comments.. Like Yours. What was the point of saying something hateful about some one you know nothing about?

Also I Did Grasp What He Meant.

I don't know why, that's like asking why you capitalize the first letter of a random word in every sentence =O

=P

**Note: =P usually means "Omg I r sarcastic" for future reference.

I believe you're after this image.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

k1ll3rdr4g0n wrote:

For a start Aprelium.com is outside the US anyway. The only reason I am adding anything to this topic is because my pet peeve is people who do not seem to realise that the internet is not situated entirely in the US, the US does not own the internet and the consititution does not extent to the internet.

Aprelium pay for their hosting, provide the forum and ask that you respect their wishes. It is a private forum, run by Aprelium. If they ask you not to discuss something, you can either not discuss it, or leave. You don't have any magical constitutional rights in this respect.

If you someone invited you into their house and said "Don't talk about politics, we hate it." you could either respect their decision and not talk about it, or you could choose to not go in - or leave if you were already there when they asked you.

k1ll3rdr4g0n wrote:

... They can however throw you in jail if you say "I want to kill our current president" but that's an irrelevant sideline.

Congratulations on turning a thread about not arguing into yet another pointless argument.

"Invent an idiot proof webserver and they'll invent a better idiot..."
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
richardyork
-

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonders will never cease...
-

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to top View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
omaronly
-

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And as you can notice, most the questions posted here are about routers or scripting languages and not really about the server itself.

I would take that as a testament to how usable Abyss is!
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Vahn
-

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arctic wrote:

I don't know why, that's like asking why you capitalize the first letter of a random word in every sentence =O

=P

**Note: =P usually means "Omg I r sarcastic" for future reference.

I have a Minor Mental Disorder, so various Words get cappitalized when i type, i can Control it To an Extent as to keep it at The Firs Letter Of the Word...

Just a FYI
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Off Topic Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: