nameservers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
feamsr00
-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 7:34 am    Post subject: nameservers Reply with quote

Yes this is unrelated to AWS...

anywho, I have a domain name registered and would like name server functions. The registar charges so i dont want that. Right now i use dnspark.com. Thier not bad but Im looking for something with more control and yet still free. Does anyone know of any servces that provide this (or perhaps anyone have a server doing notmuch :) )?

(Yes I know I could just install 2kas but im too lazy to get the cd from school and format my comp)
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
vbgunz
-

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.mydomain.com has some really great dns features... You might wish to check them out for your name server needs too...

Hey its been a long time since you last posted your question... Did you solve it already? Are you using something else other than mydomain? Please let us know :)
feamsr00
-

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh. Nope, still using dnspark.com They're ok except for the fact that all incomming emails are sent through 1 account (:x) besides that they give me A records and NS records but I cant do any realy nice stuff (TXT, HOST INFO, customized :x MX, ect) *sigh*. But hey, its free :|
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
vbgunz
-

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mydomain provides unlimited sub domains, unlimited email aliases, unlimited sub email aliases, cname, ip pointing and I believe access to change your mx records...

It'll probably be worth checking them out... I've been with them for close to 2 years and its a pretty good service...

I just answered your post as I seen it was quite ready to enter oblivion :)

I'm happy if you have it solved though ;)
feamsr00
-

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humm Thier website is kinda slow, whats thier reliability like?
vbgunz
-

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're services are pretty good and so is thier reiliability... In the past two years of hosting all of my domains with them I remember only twice they're was an outage for about 6 hours for upgrades to the system... Besides that I never felt an effect if they were down...

I host all my domains with them :)
feamsr00
-

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hummm, thier free dns does the same thing. Mail settings include alias not server settings... argh
DLashley
-

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try www.ZoneEdit.com. You can host up to 5 domains on their nameservers for free, and they DO support dynamic IP numbers. :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: