Web Based Game Software?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JamesJB30
-

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:06 pm    Post subject: Web Based Game Software? Reply with quote

i would like to know if there is any Pre made Web Games out there based on a Space theme. I ask cause i would like to put one on my server. Free of course if possable.

Something like this would be cool;

http://gc.gamestotal.com/i.cfm?p=aboutgc

thank you for the help inadvance.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
recce
-

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are quite a few actually. one of my favourites was called Black Nova Traders. Another was Alien Assault Traders (a variation of it....) both are easily found. Unfortunately I quickly discovered that they are Php4 compatible only. if you server is running php4 you may be able to use them. If you are running php5 as I am..... well lets just say it's not gonna work to well... oh and i musn't forget. Be sure to get ICron if you are running one of these on a windows server..... they use crontabs for scheduling....
-

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

recce wrote:
There are quite a few actually. one of my favourites was called Black Nova Traders. Another was Alien Assault Traders (a variation of it....) both are easily found. Unfortunately I quickly discovered that they are Php4 compatible only. if you server is running php4 you may be able to use them. If you are running php5 as I am..... well lets just say it's not gonna work to well... oh and i musn't forget. Be sure to get ICron if you are running one of these on a windows server..... they use crontabs for scheduling....

As I've been hearing PHP4 scripts are 100% compatiable with PHP5 you just have to configure some settings. I beliebe Aprelium made a PHP5 package that has this.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure it was clear enough. i tried using the scripts. They didn't work. When i contacted the guys who wrote the scripts they informed me that php5 is NOT 100% backwards compatible as some changes to the way things are handled have been made. They were in the proccess of rewritting the script to make it php5. this was about 2 months ago. i doubt they are finished. You can try changing some options if you wish and try the script. If you manage to get the script working PLEASE!!!! let me know how you did it.
-

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game I had up which is now on a friends server was a modified version of promisance. It was meant for php4 (There may be a newer version by now that isnt though.), but with a few hacks for register globals and such it worked great. (I say hack cause I didnt want to enable them, and a few other things.)
I later added my own forums and some other scripts, because promisance is really meant for expanding on.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

recce wrote:
I'm not sure it was clear enough. i tried using the scripts. They didn't work. When i contacted the guys who wrote the scripts they informed me that php5 is NOT 100% backwards compatible as some changes to the way things are handled have been made. They were in the proccess of rewritting the script to make it php5. this was about 2 months ago. i doubt they are finished. You can try changing some options if you wish and try the script. If you manage to get the script working PLEASE!!!! let me know how you did it.

Mind sharing the link to which game your talking about?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

k1ll3rdr4g0n wrote:
recce wrote:

Mind sharing the link to which game your talking about?

Kinda stopped after the person I was programming it with got ill.
I only recently fixed the ticks on it for his server a few days ago cause he has a weird operating system. Need to wait till midnight to test them properly though.

http://zero.servegame.org/game/

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@MonkeyNation

I was asking recce for a link to his game, thats why I qutoed him, not you silly ;).

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

k1ll3rdr4g0n wrote:
@MonkeyNation

I was asking recce for a link to his game, thats why I qutoed him, not you silly ;).

/me shrugs
That could have been a great advertisment opertunity if id realized that.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: